back to the mortal realm

Talking = "bold"

Whispering = "bold/slanted"

Thinking = slanted

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tai lung pov

It has been... quite some time now... It has been difficult to track the time in this wretched place, although I believe it has been around a month since my arrival. Oogway has been "training" me in how to be a pacifist... it has been completely and utterly pointless, but I have had to manage my facade if I wanted to get my revenge on Shifu and po. Today we were simply meditating in an open field.

Oogway : "open your mind tai lung. Feel the wind around you, listen to it flow through the grass."

Tai lung : this is pointless... "master... if i may ask, when will i be going back to the mortal realm."

Oogway : "soon enough tai lung."

Tai lung : always soon enough! Never a straight answer, though I suppose that is to be expected from my "master" ...

As we sat in the field a distant thunder sounded in the distance making my ear twitch. Opening my eyes I saw that the once golden sky had been tainted by an ominous green, Oogway looked slightly disturbed by this which surprised me slightly, it took quite a bit to get under Oogway's skin from my past knowledge.

Oogway : "it seems you may be returning sooner than i had thought. Come, we need to go."

As he says that he gets up and starts walking away prompting me to also get up.

Tai lung : "what is happening?"

At my question Oogway simply continued walking which made me irritated as I let out a small growl. Walking faster I caught up to Oogway and tried to grab his shoulder.

Tai lung : "where are we g-"

As I was about to grab his shoulder, I saw in the corner of my eye a green blade with a long chain connecting the handle. Quickly stepping into action, I jumped back as Oogway used his staff to deflect the blade which made it strike into the ground with a green glow. Before we could do anything else the blade chain suddenly went taught and was pulled back. Looking to where the blade was pulled back to, I saw a large ox who had large, twisted horns, two jade green blades, and a chain that wrapped around his waist that held some sort of jade pendants, each carved with what seemed to be the visages of different kung fu masters.

Oogway : "kai. Old friend."

Kai : "master Oogway."

Oogway : "Our battle ended five hundred years ago!"

Kai : "that it did, and we will have our rematch soon enough but first."

As he said that he lifted one of the blades towards me which made me let out a low growl and get into a fighting stance.

Kai : "You must be the famous "tai lung"."

Tai lung : "that i am. And who might you be?"

As I asked that the ox, apparently named Kai as he gripped his blade tighter before throwing one of his arms up in annoyance which made Oogway chuckle slightly.

Kai : "kai!? Maker of widows? Beast of vengeance!? Does no one remember me anymore!?"

Tai lung : "never heard of you."

As i said that Kai's head dipped down a bit in disappointment while letting out a long tired sigh and pinched his brow with his free hand which made me tilt my head in confusion. After a moment he regained his earlier composure and looked at me again.

Kai : "Well, after I take you chi you'll remember my name."

Oogway : "not if i can help it kai. Your fight is with me today."

Kai : "HAHAHA!!! *sigh* soon enough Oogway, now. Where were we?"

As he said that he threw one of his blades towards me which I narrowly avoided as it crashed into the ground to the side of me. In an instant kai used the blade and pulled himself towards me at lightning speeds causing me to instinctively dodge again. After pulling his blade from the ground he then swung both his blades in arks around him which cut the ground they collided with. Oogway much to my surprise stuck his staff into the path of the chains which made them wrap around it, seeing an opportunity i went to attack kai but Oogway pulled kai away from the attack and shook his head at me before touching my chest with one of his fingers and pushing me back causing me to black out as the sounds of battle suddenly vanished and a cold feeling on my fur appeared.

*small timeskip*

After a little while I eventually started to stir awake, I had a headache, so I clutched my head as I sat up trying to stop some of the throbbing pain behind my eyes before I quickly noticed that... I was in snow! Quickly opening my eyes, I looked around myself and saw snow and trees for miles. Looking up I saw a dark overcast sky instead of one filled with gold and green.

Tai lung : "i... I am... in the mortal realm once again. Ha. haha. HAHAHA!!! FINALLY!!!"

Pulling myself to my feet I started walking through the snow-covered forest. I had one goal in mind. To FINALLY get my revenge against the "dragon warrior" and shifu and nothing will stop me from accomplishing my goal... now I just need to find a village to see where i am.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

authors note : hey everyone! sorry for taking so long to post the second part to this story i had a serious case of writers block and had no ideas for how tai lung was actually gonna get out of the spirit realm, but thankfully it worked out. i hope you all like this new chapter, uploads to this story should be more regular from now on, a new chapter for speed unleashed will also be posted sometime soon so look forward to that. anyways though i hope you all are having a good day/night/time of day where you are :)