Kilabot I

'Damn you, annoying old man!'

A dark-toned priestess from a certain church came galloping in a horse. Cursing the god, as she repeatedly hopes she wasn't too late.

A revelation just came recently, like a soft whisper. It was a norm that Cage was accustomed to, whenever the God of Death talked to her that is.

However, this time, that damn god sounded too distress that his voice rang deep into her eardrums, causing her to finally go deaf.

Recalling how desperate that bastard sounded, she felt please, and slightly concerned by the poor soul (who is likely being tormented upon).

Cage outwardly curse his name again, she made her horse go faster towards a particular destination, that god instruct her to.

She at least hope, that she wasn't any more late.

.

Thud. Thud. Thud.

Reves couldn't control himself from pacing back and forth.

His anxiousness cause him restless concerns towards his pregnant wife, who recently fainted right in front of him.

Their neighbours immediately called for a physician. Seeing how panic he looked, and might go insane if something happens to both of them.

Luckily, both of them are still at their disguise.

"Sir Miller."

Reves lift up and hurriedly heed for explanation. "Is my wife alright?!"

Doctor, "Calm down, sir. Your wife is in a stable condition. However." the doctor explained his diagnosis.

"While Mrs Miller and the baby's condition were stable, there is something inside that I cannot elaborate, as I am not expert at the field."

"You will need to find someone expert at mana, sir Miller."

Clenching his fists, Reves comprehend the newly gained information. He narrowed down in his head on what he should do next.

Should he contact his close subordinates? No, they might be a goner already.

Kidnapping some unsuspecting mage or some priests? Can't, the risks are too high. Plus, higher ranking ones are rare and within restricted places.

Or maybe just contacting his subordina— even more so, 'Arm' no longer exists, as he already 'died'.

He doesn't know.

Yet... How?

How should he save his beloved?

He no longer have the qualms as a leader of a certain secret organisation.

The hardwork he'd spent centuries to achieve its nothingness.

A supervillain he proclaimed to be, at most. The one who strive to achieve godhood.

He could be a nightmare, if he will.

However, that's not the case today. He's became different.

No wars being thrown around. No soldiers that are young or old that are sent at the battlefield.

Terrorism is now a thing he'd done in the past. No further bloodshed he'd committed at the present.

The sheer amount of wealth he'd once possessed, now turned to dust when his organisation lost itself to his prosecutors.

Such arms and intelligence he'd gain over the centuries, now crumbled in front of him as he turn a blind eye from his once childish beliefs.

He's now just a honest man, a poor but happy farmer.

A farmer that has a wife waiting at home, with his wife currently bringing them joy.

Someone who is soon to become father.

An ordinary person who has a family.

White Star and Reves Miller shared the same soul, but different identities.

Staring at his beloved's peaceful expression, the physician cue to leave. Leaving the couple alone inside their shared room.

Its already been a night since Cale collapsed like this. His skin turn pale, lips dry, with his touch feverish.

The lovely omega is in pain. And his alpha couldn't do a thing to save him.

So pathetic.

Why can't it be himself rather than his omega?

Reves let his emotions overtake on him. Tears flow from his puffy eyes, telling himself that he doesn't deserve to be an alpha.

That he's unworthy of his beloved's love. That he's far from saving of his reach. That not a single strand of his hair is for him.

And that he doesn't deserve to live.

So why did Cale saved him that day? He can just leave him alone, let him drop dead for pete's sake!

Why let him suffer like this?

Reves sat beside the other, he took his hand, bringing it closer to his right cheek. His disguise emerald his stare at the sleeping figure with much adoration.

.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Mr. Miller?" an unsuspecting neighbour softly knocks at their doorstep. "Are you there?"

With a sigh, Reves reluctantly hover from the bed. Slowly making his way at the front door.

He swung the door open, revealing an old granny, behind her is a young lady wearing a hood. She seems suspicious, he thought. "May I help you, ma'am?" his eyes focus at the old lady.

"About that," her hands gestured at the lady beside her, "this young lady here have stated something about helping you and your wife."

Reves widen his eyes, knowing how risky it is to bring a stranger to his abode. Not to mention, when his wife isn't at great shape. "Pardon?"

The young lady thank the old woman, before directing her gaze at Reves. "This is better discussed inside, don't you think so sir?"

Reves thought for a moment, without any choice, "Fine."

The old woman leaves, the suspecting lady heads inside the small cabin. Reves had his eyes wary at her, "What do you want?" he asks.

She took off her hood, revealing a familiar face. With tanned skin, brown eyes and hair, and an aura of Death around her. She's none other than Cage, an ex-communicated priestess of the Church of Death.

"I have come here for 'his' orders, not a fight." she said with her hands up. To prove it, she took out a small dagger and let Reves watch as she throw it away from the side.

Reves still had his guard up, "What does that god want?"

"He said, his 'child' is in deep trouble. And he'll lend a hand with me as his vessel."

"That's it?"

"He only came to help Cale Henituse. And that's that."

'What?'

To be continued

Beta read by: a classmate of mine, and this guy doesn't have watty but he is good at criticism lmao