Five ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"An Act Of Defiance"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Coriolanus had decided that Reaper was a dangerous man. A barbarous heathen, and he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near Winter.

The boy had killed a Peacekeeper back in Eleven, his District partner had admitted it to him when he had sneakily forced his way onto their transport to the zoo, and he had no problem attacking him at the first chance he got. He had been able to get away unharmed, he knew the same couldn't be said for Winter. She was smaller than him, weaker, she'd be dead instantly if he was to get her.

His friend was naive, as gentle as a bunny, who always sought out the best in people. It was her fatal flaw. She wouldn't last five seconds without her family name as a safety net, without him looking out for her. She might not have realized it yet but he was only trying to keep her from the dangers that came with befriending her tribute, or even sticking close with Sejanus for that matter. Their reckless actions were going to get them killed and her too if she continued like she was.

He stood in the space directly to her right, a shackled Lucy Gray sitting at a table before him but his eyes were locked onto the redhead who offered her tribute a soft smile, a smile that made Coriolanus want to grab and shake her by the shoulders in hopes to knock some sense into her skull.

Being stupid was one thing, befriending rebels and dangerous people was another.

"In spite of yesterday's tragic events, our president had decided that the Games must go on... to show everyone that the Capitol is unafraid of such acts of terror." Winter shook her head softly as her father addressed them. She knew it wasn't to show them that they were still strong despite losing one of their own, it was to continue reminding the Districts of the power they held over them. The power of life and death. "To which end, Dr Gaul wishes you to preview the arena this afternoon with your tributes." The girl's face pulled into a soft but excited smile.

Once again, Gaul had unknowingly played right into her hands. She'd get to see the arena before the Games began, and go over the plan with Reaper in much more detail than she ever thought possible. It was almost as if Gaul was aiding them on their mission of rebellion. If only she knew what was being planned right under her nose...

"Later this evening, there will be a special televised presentation of each tribute to our audience to, you know, get to know them. You will have an hour to discuss your strategy." The Dean's eyes moved to his daughter and her tribute briefly, he already knew what they'd be disguising, before he turned and necked back another vile of morphling. He felt his body relax as he drained the small glass bottle for every last drop before clearing his throat and stuffing it into his pocket. "You may begin."