Nine ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Hope For A Better Tomorrow"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Wakey wakey, my Capitol friends! I'm Lucky Flickerman and welcome to day number two of the 10th annual Hunger Games."

Most of the mentors were on their feet, mingling with each other as Lucky began the broadcast that morning. The atmosphere was an odd one, people were talking in hushed whispers as Winter entered the room, a frown covering her face as she let her eyes scan them.

"Good morning, Winnie." Lysistrata offered the girl a light smile as she approached the chair beside her and rolled her shoulders back, preparing for the day ahead.

"Morning, Lyssie," The girl smiled back before turning her attention to the man at the front, wondering what this new day would have in store for them. She had skipped breakfast to see Sejanus but her stomach ached and she was counting down the seconds until they broke for lunch as she took her seat. "What's going on?" Before Lysistrata had time to answer her Lucky continued.

"Now, while most of you were getting your beauty sleep last night, something scintillating occurred. Bobbin for District Eight. Slaughtered." The buzzer sound filled the room and Winter's eyes wandered over to Coriolanus' chair and watched as the boy's eyes dropped from the screen that showed the boy's body.

He had done it and he didn't even have the nerve to look at him.

When her eyes found the screen she was glad that she had skipped breakfast, or she was sure it would be all over the floor. The boy looked so tiny as he lay on the ground, almost unrecognizable.

One of his eyes had been dislodged, his limbs bloody, his swollen, bruised face stuck in a permanent expression of horror. It was clear that his death hadn't been quick or painless. When Sejanus had told her what Coriolanus had done she hadn't been expecting the boy to be left in the state he was.

He hadn't killed him he had mutilated him.

It had been an obvious and vicious act of violence. One of anger and hatred, filled with rage. He hadn't just killed him to save his skin. No. It was clear that he had a lot of feelings bottled up and Bobbin had just been the one to receive it all.

It left Winter wondering if he was proud of what he had done. If given the chance, would he do it again?

"Which of these beasts slayed Bobbin from District Eight?" The one sitting to my right, dressed in red, she thought as Lucky continued. "Either way, it doesn't matter. Ten tributes remain. Reaper still at the top of the boards-"

"They aren't showing us what happened to that little boy," Lysistrata spoke up, Both Coriolanus and Winter turned to her at the same time, their eyes locking briefly. "Why aren't they showing us? He clearly was killed right there. There's cameras everywhere, it doesn't make sense."