Chapter 1

Ring...ring...ring...ring...

What, the night is already over?! I had just gone to bed. I turn around and look at my alarm clock, oh no! It's already half past seven. School's about to start. Today is the first day at the new school. I just moved here with my parents, to the countryside. Before that we lived in Paris, I miss it already and we only moved there a few months ago.

What do you think my friends are doing right now? They're probably in the park smoking, maybe they walk along the Seine, who knows. I just wish I wasn't so alone. Of course, I have my brother, but he has his friends here, he knows everyone here. While I'm thinking these thoughts, I'm getting ready, now I just have to powder my face quickly before I can go. It's 20 minutes before school starts, but where are my cigarettes?

"Come on! You want to be late on your first day, don't you?" my brother Bruno calls from downstairs, panicked I search my room. "No, of course not! But we have ten minutes to go, the school is only five minutes away anyway." Annoyed, I throw the cigarette pack that was under my clothes on the floor into my pocket. Today I wear a yellow dress that my parents brought me from England I heard the color was in trend there.

When I finally arrive downstairs three minutes later, my brother is already ready at the door. "Come on!" he turns the key in the lock and steps out onto the street. I quickly put on my black leather jacket and my shoes. "Oh shit, I forgot my pencil case upstairs!" I look at my brother apologizing, "No, that's it, I'm going, that's your problem now." Although our cleaning lady was only here yesterday, I quickly run up the stairs to my room with my shoes. Where did I put them? It's got to be here somewhere.

After ten minutes of senseless searching, I finally remember where it is, I left it in the living room yesterday after studying for english! I run as fast as I can into the living room take my pencil case off the coffee table and put it in my pocket. I run into the hallway and take my key off the hook, open the door and step out onto the street.

I'm four hours late for school, shit, on my first day of school. Why? Well, when I was finally out of the house, it occurred to me that I forgot my milk on the stove, so I had to go back in. When I finally finished cleaning, the phone rang, it was the neighbor she said it was an emergency and that I should come over immediately to help her. After I was done, my grandmother called, but she just didn't understand that I had to go to school. Well, I've only missed lunch and Latin because of that but it doesn't matter, right? Why does this has to happen to me, ugh!

The guard stands at the school gate and finally lets me enter after an entry in my book. After taking a quick look at the plan, I know I have history, actually my favorite subject. When I finally open the door out of breath, everyone looks at me. "Ah, will you pay us a visit, Mrs....?" Mrs. Girauds looks at me from top to bottom and then turns back to her class. "Mrs. Legrand. I'm so sorry but..." "No, but! Sit down and be quiet, you've disturbed my class enough already."

I walk into the classroom and look around, some of the students are still looking at me. In the corner of the room is a group of guys who are all looking at me and fiddling with each other. As I look further around I see a girl wearing clothes from a boy, she has blonde braids, and next to her is a girl with dark brown hair, both of them are smiling at me. My eyes wander further and I see a girl with blonde hair, she does not look at me, I give myself a jerk and walk towards her. When she doesn't protest, I sit down next to her and look forward to Mrs. Giraud. I'm just saying if looks could kill I'd be already deep underground.

I'm sure it's going to be a great year, with a not so good start and hopefully not too much drama...

——————————
Hello, everyone!
Yeah, I already changed the story, I'm sorry. But I was thinking about it the whole time and thought if I change it then now. So i hope you enjoy this just as much as before, I'm glad you read this. I would appreciate it if you would write in the comments what you think of the story. I know we're still at the beginning and Joseph and Louise haven't even met, but trust me, it won't be long. I would be happy if you vote and see me in the next part ☺️😉