Chapter 6

My alarm clock is ringing, I seem to have forgotten to turn it off. I stand up slowly and lean my head against the headboard of my bed. I look slowly in my room and everything is a total mess. For a second I wonder what happened but then the events of yesterday come to my mind. I feel dizzy, it smells like smoke, weed, perfume, and the air is stuffy.

What the fuck did I do yesterday, how stupid can you be? I slide slowly to the edge of my bed and let my feet hang down, they touch the ground, it's cold. my eyes are scanning over the floor and there's a jacket laying on the ground. It's clear who it belongs to, Descamps. Last night was a mistake. I should have listened to Laubrac. I don't understand what Descamp's problem is, because yesterday was going well with him, it was all good until then but maybe it was also good that we stopped so it became nothing more than just making out. I don't know I'm so confused it's just weird.

I go to the jacket and pick it up. She smells like smoke and perfume just like Descamps. What am I supposed to do with it? I don't want to talk to him again. I hang the jacket over the back of my chair, the maid will come and clean this place. I go to my closet and take out my robe. Slowly and struggling I walk to my door, open it and the fresh smell of fried egg goes up my nose.

Once downstairs, my brother and his friends are sitting at the dining table.

"Well Louise, did you sleep well?" when I hear my brother's words, I turn to him quickly and nod slowly. "You came downstairs yesterday, I think it was good! Now you really got to know my friends, didn't you?" "Oh yeah, definitely!" If only he knew what happened yesterday... then Descamps probably wouldn't have any eye at all anymore...

"Hey Louise, who are you doing the Latin project with?", one of Bruno's friends asks. Oh fuck, I completely forgot! I run into the living room and check the clock. He should be here any minute. I quickly run up the stairs and sprint to my room. I quickly put on jeans and a sweater, I quickly put the broken things on the floor aside. We won't be able to work downstairs since my brother's friends are still there and it doesn't look like they're leaving in the next few hours.

I hear the bell, the steps of my brother, the turning of the key in the lock, and finally the joyful voice of my brother. A few seconds later, I hear someone slowly coming up the stairs. I quickly look around my room again and see Descamp's jacket. There's a knock on my door and I quickly push my jacket under my bed with my feet. "Yes, what is it?" the door opens and I look into Laurenz's sad eyes. To be honest, I feel sorry for him.

"Salut Louise." "Bonjour, come in!" I point my hands to my room and give him a slight smile. "I'll quickly get a chair and then we can get started!" Laurenz slowly trots into my room and puts his books on my desk. I go quickly and get a chair out of Laurenz's room. It smells like smoke and sweat, but what do you expect? Before I take the chair, I go to the window and open it, I look out at the street. I wish I was back in Paris, something like last night wouldn't have happened there!

"Do you need help?" I startle up and turn around, Laurenz is standing in the door frame. "No, I'm all right, I was just thinking..." I have to laugh and go get the chair. We go to my room and start working after a short conversation. It's quiet, none of us dares to say a word. My brother and his friends are in the garden smoking and playing cards. Everything is quiet, only through the open window you can hear the birds singing.

Suddenly the doorbell rings.

"I'll quickly go downstairs and get us something to drink.", Laurenz just nods thanks. I quickly go down the stairs and see Bruno opening the door to the garden, "Are you going?" "Yes, I'll do that, go back to your friends, it'll just be the postman anyway!" My brother turns around and walks out again, I slowly walk to the door.

When I open it, I can't believe my eyes, Descamps is standing in front of me.

His gaze is gloomy and cold. He has a cigarette between his lips and just blows the smoke right into my eyes. I take the cigarette out of his mouth with a quick grasp and throw it onto the street behind him. "What are you doing here?", I turn around quickly and look at the garden door if anyone noticed that he is here. I turn to him again, this time with a raised eyebrow.

"You know exactly why I'm here." "What do you mean...? Oh yeah, maybe you want to apologize or make up for what happened last night?" he laughs, why is he laughing now? "There's nothing I have to apologize for, I didn't do anything wrong!" at these words I have to laugh now, "You're joking right now, are you?" I shake my head laughing as he only looks me dead in the eyes. "I must have left my jacket at your place." I turn around in panic as I hear the approaching voices of the boys. As the garden door slowly opens, I push Descamps into the street and follow him with a big step, I close the door behind us.

"I don't have your fucking jacket! It's not my problem if you can't take care of your things!" I give him a hateful look, the boy will see what happens when he treats me like that.

Suddenly the front door opens and Bruno is standing in front of us, "Descamps, what are you doing here?", "Oh, nothing I just thought I forgot my jacket here, but I just remembered where it is!" With these words, he looks deep into my eyes and then back to my brother, "Come on in, Louise is busy with Laurenz anyway!" "Oh yeah...?". The three of us step back into the hallway and Descamp's eyes scan me from top to bottom, "is that so...". As soon as the two are out of the hallway I run up the stairs again, I hope Bruno didn't notice anything!

Laurenz is sitting at my desk and is busy writing things down, I close the door and sit next to him. "I wanted to apologize for yesterday, I didn't mean it, I'd be happy if we could go to the movies sometime!" For the first time today day, I see a smile on Laurenz's face, it's getting bigger and bigger, "I'd be very happy!" We both continue to work quietly, but both with a big smile on our faces.

I'm going to give Laurenz a chance. He's nice and handsome. I already have a plan for Descamps, that way he will remember not to fuck with Louise Legrand the way you shouldn't...

—————————————
Hey Everyone! I'm so sorry that there hasn't been an update for so long but I just have a lot of things to do with the holidays, school and everything else. I know the chapter isn't very special, but I promise you from now on this story is really going to start and grow!!!! I hope you all had nice holidays and started good in 2024!!!! From now on, there's gonna be more regular updates, if I can manage! Anyways, as always, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and if you can please vote and comment. See you next chapter :D ☺️🥰