Chapter 2

I finally arrive home after a long day of school, exhausted. I'm at the door looking for my key, where is it? I take my bag off my shoulder and I put it on the floor, I start poking trough it. Suddenly I hear a key spinning in the lock, Bruno must have noticed me!

"Salut and see you tomorrow!" I hear an unknown voice coming from the other side of the door. "Do you think Descamps will be back tomorrow?" that's my brother's voice... "Well, Jean-Pierre beat him up really bad, he's such an asshole!" another voice I don't know. Suddenly the door opens, and in front of me are four boys that I don't know, in our hallway. Two of them go to my class, I've seen them today, the other two are probably from the eleventh grade.

'Salut' 'Bonjour' 'Salut' 'Bonjour' 'Salut' 'Salut' 'Bonjour' 'Salut'. The boys walk past me outside and look at me, "And you're Bruno's sister?" a boy from my class looks at me asking, "Oui, that's me! And you are?" „Laurenz" He's smiling, why is he smiling like that, he's already done that in class today! The boys start walking away, I turn around and go into the house. "So how was school?" as I take off my shoes, my brother looks at me questioningly. "Don't ask, we had History with Mrs. Giraud!" I quickly put my shoes on the shelf and hang my jacket on the hook. "Oh, I totally understand you, she's horrible! Anyway, do you want something to eat? The boys and I cooked something earlier." "Oh definitely! I'm starving!"

My brother and I sit at the table. He reads the newspaper, which he never does. But about who were the guys talking earlier? What happened today? "Bruno?" "Oui?" my brother slowly looks up from his newspaper and grins when he sees that I have already finished eating. "Who were your friends talking about earlier? What happened?" "Did you hear that?" "Yes, I've been standing outside the door for a while because I couldn't find my key." "Joseph Descamps, he's one of my best friends. A bastard named Jean-Pierre beat him today and a splinter of Decamps glasses got in his eye and he had to go to the doctor immediately." "Oh, but what's gonna happen to him now?", "Well, the doctors said he was probably going to lose his eye." "That's horrible, and even on the first day of school!"

My brother agrees and turns back to his newspaper, I quickly put my plate in the dishes and I'm just about to go up to my room when suddenly the phone rings in the hallway "I'm going to take it", I say and start running towards the phone. "Hello?" "Hello Darling, please tell your brother we won't be back until Sunday, we'll be visiting your grandmother on the way back from the business trip." I immediately recognize my mother's voice on the other end of the phone. "And when are you coming back? I thought we were going to celebrate Bruno's birthday this weekend..." I hear my mother breathing loudly, she pretends it's difficult for her and she's sorry but that's not the case, I already know that. "We're sorry but work is work, we'll catch up later, I promise!" With these words, my mother hangs up.

After I have explained the situation to Bruno with a heavy heart I go up to my room and finally let myself fall directly onto my bed. Tomorrow is Friday which is great because we immediately have two days free again. Suddenly I hear my brother's voice downstairs talking to someone on the phone but since he's whispering I can't understand what he's saying. I turn to the side and pick up the phone and dial my old best friend's number. We talk all night, and just like last night, I forget about the time.

Thanks to Bruno's help, I got out of bed and to ready on time this morning and we're now on our way to school. "I'm going to throw a party tonight, at home. I mean, if our parents aren't here, I can at least invite my friends and a few others from school and town over to celebrate." "Do that, I'll go to my room when the party starts!". We keep walking silently until we arrive at school. I walk straight to my two new friends, Michele and Simone. "But Jean-Pierre won't be kicked out of school for that!" Simone looks at Michele, her eyes full of hope, "But what if, then my parents also take me out of school, it's not my fault that my brother does such a thing!"

"Wait, Jean-Pierre is your brother?" I can't trust my ears. Why would Michele's brother do such a bad thing? "Yes, he is..." Michele doesn't look very proud as she says these words. Suddenly everything becomes quiet none of the students say a word. Everyone's turning the other way, and slowly I'm doing the same...

When I realize why everyone is so quiet, I freeze. There's a boy walking through the school gate. Certainly, the most beautiful boy I've ever seen in my life. It must be that guy Descamps. He's tall, extremely tall even my brother looks small compared to him, he wears a bandage over his eye and has deep eye rings, he has eyes you could get lost in and his hair, it's brown and curly.

Just everything about him is perfect, he really looks like an angel...

——————————
Hey everyone! This was the second chapter of this story, I hope you enjoyed it! Well, now Louise has seen Joseph for the first time...I am very excited about how you will find the further course of this story! As always, please comment on your thoughts and vote if you can! Until the next chapter. ☺️