Part 1

My name is Ivy and I'm 15 years old. My mom and dad divorced when I was three and I've been living with my dad because she didn't want anything to with me so I'm told. I haven't seen her since I was five and I can't remember anything about her except from the fact she's Scarlett Johnson the actress. I have an older sister called Rose who's eighteen but I don't remember her either. My dad's been on life support after being in a major car crash that broke his spine so he's paralysised from the chest down. I've been staying with a foster family for three weeks but now my mom says she wants to look after me until he's better so I'm going to stay with her. I'm having to fly with my social worker from Jersey to Los Angeles which is where Scarlett lives. I don't want to go, I'm quite happy where I'm staying and I can see dad in hospital whenever I want but now I'm going to Los Angeles I don't want to.

The plane lands and I jump out of my seat and get into the isle first so I can grab my bag from the overhead lockers without having to queue like the noobs behind me. The doors on the plane finally open and we head to the terminal "have you ever been to LA?" Katherine my social worker asks, I shake my head "not that I can remember" I follow her to passport control and then we get our suitcases from the suitcase convayer belt and head to the collection zone. "I don't want to go. I don't want to go" I whisper my myself as my heart starts racing. This is becoming so real. Katherine puts her hand on my back "it's okay. You won't be staying for very long. Your dad will get better and then I'll fly out and take you back to Jersey" I sigh softly and follow her outside "Scarletts waiting in a car, she doesn't want you to get knocked over my cameras on your first day" she jokes but it's not funny. We cross the road over to a black van that's been converted into a big seater. The door opens and a woman gets out quickly "Ivy? Ivy!" Her arms wrap around me like a koala on a tree whilst my hand are still down by my sides "I've missed you so much baby. So much" I hear her throat swell up and then a cold drop of water falls onto my cheek. She's crying.

Scarletts pov
I look out the windows with Colin waiting nervously for my baby to be here. "Where is she? Where is she? The plane landed twenty minutes ago" I stress looking around "relax, she's probably stuck at passport control" I sigh and continue to look around. Finally, a woman with curly mid length hair and a girl with dirty blonde hair make an appearance. The woman's wearing a formal suit whilst the girls in baggy jeans and a black and white stipy jumper "oh my god" I whisper and stare at them whilst they cross the road. My eyes never leave the girl and once they get close enough I jump out the car and wrap my arms around her with everything I have. "I've missed you so much baby. So much" I cry and hold my nose to her hair, my baby's back in my arms. Once I realise her arms aren't around me I instantly let go and bend down to her height "hi, I'm Scarlett and you must be Ivy" I give her a soft smile and then look down to see her hands are hiding in her sleeves. I stand up and smile at Catherine "thank you" is all I say and give her a quick hug "your welcome. I'm staying at the Ibis a couple of streets away for three nights and then I'm flying back to Jersey so if you need me just give me a call" I nod and turn around hearing the car door shut. Colin gets out with his hands in his back pockets "hi" he gives an awkward wave "this is Colin my fiancé and Colin this is Ivy" she looks up at him and then back down at the floor. I stand awkwardly hoping this isn't what it's going to be what it's like the whole time Ivy's with us. "would you like me to put your suitcase in the boot?" Colin asks and she nods wheeling it over to him "what about your rucksack?" She grips onto it tightly and shakes her head "that's okay, there's alot of space in the back with you" I smile and open the door for her "I'll phone in a couple of days Ivy. Have fun" Katherine waves and heads over to a taxi. I close the door behind Ivy and get in the front with Colin "we're going to go straight back to ours unless your hungry. Do you want a McDonald's or a taco?" She shakes her head and plays with her sleeve "okay, we can just go home then" I nod to Colin who starts the engine.