Chapter 5

HiScarletts pov
It's the morning of a sunny day and since it's sunny I've decided that today will be the day Ivy finds out about her dad. It's going to break her but she has to find out some how and I'd rather it be from me than her social worker.

"Morning Scarlett, morning Colin" she smiles and stands beside Colin as he looks through his phone "morning kiddo" "morning sweetheart, would you like anything for breakfast?" She shakes her head but grabs a slice of Collins toast and eats it from his plate "Ivy!" He shouts making us both laugh "I'll make you another one. Is that all you want?" She nods and sits on the chair beside me "where's Rose? She's not in her room" "she's gone out to see her friends today. Did she not say?" Ivy shakes her head "I only got up ten minutes ago, maybe she didn't want to wake me". I run my hands through her hair "do you want a braid?" She looks up at me and nods "yes please" I smile softly and turn her chair around so I'm looking at the back of her head. I start to braid her hair "Scarlett why dont you and dad like eachother?' I stop for a second but carry on "I like him, I just don't like him like a used to when I had you. But I do like him for giving me you" I try to get out "but he never talked about you or Rose and he never said who my mom was" "oh" I know why but I can't tell her "where did we live before dad took me to love with him?" "Here in LA" "why did dad take me to New York?" I finish tying one side "can you stop with the questions and let me concentrate?' I ask giving her a hug. I finish with the second one and show her in the mirror "like it?' "yes" I smile and get her a glass of water from the cupboard "you need to drink, you haven't had one today"she takes the glass and drinks all "can we watch a film?" I nod and put the glass in the sink "of course, whats on your mind?' "wall-e" I smile softly "that's my favourite film so yes. Do you want popcorn?" Ivy shakes her head "when Rose comes back later can we have popcorn?' I nod "of course". I make a couple of drinks and join Colin and Ivy in the lounge "there you go" I put the glass down on the table next to her "thank you" and put Colin's next to him.  Ivy starts the film and cuddles into my side "are you okay?' I ask and she nods "are you?' I smile and stroke her hair "of course I am".

We have a quick lunch which is a pesto, mozzarella and pesto toasted panini and then Ivy and me head to the shops to get some things. "What do you want to put in your room?' I hums "hmm a jellycat" "you've got one already, I saw it in your bed. It's a rabbit" "yeah, it's got flowers on its ears and a dress. I've had it for ages, it's kind of falling apart" I indicate to go into the left lane "what about an octopus? Rose has a blue one, maybe you could get a green or pink one?" She nods "I saw some online and they look cute. Hopefully they'll have a big one". We arrive at the mall and I grab my sunglasses and cap once we arrive "what are you doing?" Ivy asks as I tuck my hair into the back and put my sunglasses on "disguise" she laughs "it's not very good, they are still lgoing to recognise you. Put this on" she gives me her denim jacket "you don't normally wear things like this. That's a disguise".

Ivy's pov
I stand beside Scarlett as we go into the mall "where's the first shop?' she asks as I look at the board "well I like Nike and guess. I basically like everything here" she laughs and strokes my ponytail "let's get started then, we're going to be here a long time". We go into the first shop that's guess and I buy a bomber jacket and a pair of shorts, Scarlett generously got it for me but since she's a millionaire it would be like buying a chocolate bar from the shop. We then go across to Nike but nothing takes my fancy so we go on a hunt to find jellycats. There's a couple that we can find but not any that I fall in love with and want to take back. "What about that one?' I ask and point to the shop window at a dark green octopus "you can get it if you want" I nod and go into the shop. I find it on a shelf and pick up a pink one "you want that one?" "Yeah" Scarlett smiles "anything else?" I shake my head and follow her over to the till "wait and this" I pick up a pancake one "for Rose. She likes pancakes" Scarlett laughs and pays for them at the desk.