Chapter 3.0

(John Dory's POV)

I had to talk to my brothers about this, they clearly knew something was wrong with me and sooner or later I would have to tell them or they would find out their own way. So, I decided to set up a meeting where I would just come clean about everything. I woke up at the crack of dawn, setting up how I would announce it to them and preparing for their variety of responses. In the end the worse that they can do is...well...tell her. 

After I felt confident within myself I ran to Branch's bunker, knocking as hard as I could until he eventually came to me. Messy hair, robe and wrinkles in the corners of his eyes. " Sorry for bothering you this early lil' bro" 
"Yeah...you should be. Some of us aren't early birds and actually desire their beauty rest" Branch argued. I chuckled awkwardly. " Uhm, yeah. Anyways- I was hoping you and the bro's could come over within...and hour or so. I really need to talk to you guys about something important."

"John Dory...can't it wait until later than that...?" 
"Branch...no...it's about...relationships...and I'm not the best at really expressing my feelings in the best way possible. I just really need advice because I want this to be perfect for her when the time comes for me to tell her. We won't be here long so I really want to make the most of the time I have here. I don't want to leave without telling her how I feel...That's a guilt I will also have to live with. Besides when I left you, but still. I'm begging you guys. Please..." Branch looked at me, his eyes going wide for a second. He sighed. "Yeah...fine. I haven't heard you speak like that, ever. So, I guess I'll tell Clay and them. I'm not sure what we will do, but Bruce can most definitely help."

I grinned "Thank you so much Branch. You're really the best." I waved and ran off to Rhonda. 

The time had finally came for them to arrive. I paced the floor until they finally gave a knock. I swiftly went to open the door, welcoming them in. They all took a seat in different areas waiting for me. I took a second to myself before regrouping with them. " I do apologize in advance for making you all come here this early. But I was in a bit of distress. I would've just called for Bruce, but I wanted the full support of by brothers here." I paused, they exchanged looks and I took a deep breath. " I know that ever since we arrived here I have been acting a bit odd and I finally came to terms with why and now I want to tell you guys. The truth be told, I might have taken a liking to a specific friend of Poppy's. I have been in a bit of denial of it but I realized that she really is a nice girl. I want her to be with me and I want to be with her. I fear that if I do tell her she will reject me. And rejection is kind of scary...so" I shrugged my shoulders. " But anyways, I really like this girl, she's wonderful, she's very beautiful and I really enjoy the conversations we have...even if it's a small hello or goodbye. It's just nice to hear her voice." 

" Yeah, I agree. Ophelia is quite the troll. " Bruce responded. 
" Yes, she is- wait..."
" Yeah, we know."
" How?" 
Bruce looked me up and down. " We're your brothers John. Eventually we're going to find these things out. Plus you were being overly flirtatious so something had to be up. Plus you're very expressive with your eyes and ears and it's only around her. We're not going to Judge you or tell her seeing how much this means to you. Instead your brothers and I will help you. You know absolutely nothing about romance so...you're welcome."
" Oh..uhm. Thanks? I'm not sure if I was supposed to take that as a compliment but okay."

I sat down next to Bruce taking a deep sigh of relief. " I'm so grateful for you guys." 
" We know" Clay added. Just then another knock at the door. Which was strange since I didn't expect anyone to be up around this time. Besides Poppy of course. " I got it.." Clay said. He went and opened the door and low and behold, Poppy's voice. But she wasn't alone. " Yeah he's here. Come in" Clay let Poppy in, but she was joined by Ophelia. My eyes lit up and I'm certain my ears perked up too. A fluttering happened in my stomach as I looked at her. I noticed the small smile form at her lips, almost causing me to smile. 

"Bruce! Thank goodness. Okay, so Ophelia has like a huge crush on...a guy...and we" Poppy started. " You " She corrected. " I was hoping that you could help her with her feelings some more, seeing as you're the heart throb." Poppy continued. Bruce smiled and bounced his eye brows, shooting me a look before looking back at Poppy and Ophelia. " So, Who's the lucky guy?" Bruce spoke. Clay, Floyd and I all looked her way. She froze in place, looking as if she would vomit. " I....uhm...I" Was all that came out. She looked flustered and ran out of Rhonda, Poppy following after.

We all looked at one another not knowing what happened. We all sat there for a moment before hearing a shout. "John Dory! " I jumped when hearing my name. Rushing out of the bus I went to see what happened. " You called me?" Poppy and Ophelia looked at me. "Oh! No, No, noooo. We were just talking about something. We'll get out of your hair now." With that Poppy dragged Ophelia off. I walked back into the van rather confused but just brushed it off. " So what happened" Floyd asked. " I'm not sure actually. I heard my name but they didn't tell me why." 

Bruce looked at each brother. All of them nodding their heads in agreement as if they were all thinking the same thing. " So remember how Poppy came here originally so that Ophelia could tell me who she liked? But ran out and you happened to hear Poppy yell your name?" Bruce put his hands up and raised an eyebrow. I nodded my head slowly. " There's a heavy or light possibility that you are the person whom she likes. I don't know but it's possible"

My face tinted a red as I thought about it. I took a seat and took a shaken breath. "If that's what it is then that means-"
" There's a small possibility. Just think on it. I'm going to go with Poppy and Ophelia. We'll be back later right bro's?" They all nodded in agreement as they trailed out one by one. Floyd stopped and looked back at me. " It never hurts to try and ask how she feels about you. You never know until you ask." He smiled before leaving. My head clouded as I though about us being together.

" Oh gosh..."  I sat down and covered my face with one hand. " These feelings are way too much for me to handle"

(Hi Guys, Author here. I hope that my story is good and bring as much joy to you as to me. I enjoy writing for you guys and your support. I was thinking of doing  Q n A for Ophelia since she is my Oc. If you do have any questions, and they don't have to be just about her, please feel free to ask away. I'm sure I have a answer!)