Chapter 4

(Ophelia's POV)

Yesterday really sucked. I've been locked away in my room ever since. Occasionally leaving for food, but returning back to my safe space. I've been avoiding Branch's brothers, as well as Poppy and Viva. I can't handle all the questions, definitely not from John Dory himself. He's been the main one that I've been avoiding so I'm sure he'd want to know why I've suddenly stopped showing up. I just can't bear to tell him why. Besides what would I say? " Oh sorry, I've been avoiding you because I have this fat crush on me and I don't handle rejection very well. I've already embarrassed myself in front of your brothers and you yesterday, so rejection would just blow me up" I can't say that. These emotions have become so much to handle. I've embarrassed myself around him yesterday when I ran out like that. There's no way I could ever stand face to face with him...Ever.

Today was the day that I had to go out to retrieve a few things for today. Tonight is the night that Poppy and Viva settled on for girls night. I agreed on bringing the snacks so I would have to go out and get those. After composing myself, I brushed my hair out into it's natural thick and curly state only putting a white sun hat on my head and putting on a purple dress and matching white leg warmers. I grabbed my satchel to place my smaller Items in and headed out. I was more aware of my surroundings than usual. Paranoia is what I had or something like that. No sight of John Dory or his brothers or Poppy. Good. I went to the market. I had to get some marshmallows, candy for the candy necklaces and some fizzypop. Not much but I would have to do some searching for the fizzypop. 

I walked around the market looking from stall to stall until I found the candy for the necklaces. One thing crossed off my list on to the next Items. I walked and walked and walked until, at least what felt like 30 minutes, I had finally found both the marshmallows and the fizzypop, all in one area so I can buy and make a swift exit and back into my pod until it was time for me to leave out again. I paid for the marshmallows, shoving them into my satchel and moving along to get to the fizzypop. As I went to go reach for one another hand reached for it too. A well known blue hand to be specific. 

"Oh! Ophelia. Hey, I haven't seen you since you ran away like that. What...happened? You've been avoiding me all yesterday as well as my brothers and Poppy." John Dory spoke.

"I...I...I've uh got to go..." I started towards the exit of the market, trying to get past the many trolls. " WAIT! OPHELIA!" Yelled John. His yelling only caused me to try and escape faster. But to no avail. He caught up to me with no problem, surprisingly. He grabbed onto my wrist pulling at me. His force caused me to stumble over my own feet and stop. 

"Ophelia...firstly you're really fast, wow. Secondly why do you keep avoiding me. What did I do wrong. I missed having you around with the others yesterday. We..." He paused and let me go "Well, I really wanted you there. I love having you around, your presence is so wonderful and I feel like I'm floating with the stars when I'm with you. Not having that wonderous sensation yesterday made me...hurt and sad. I was worried that something was wrong and I really wanted to go see you but...I just...I didn't know how to approach you if I did. Now please, tell me what's wrong." I was hesitant to look his way, but eventually I did. His eyes filled with worry and sadness made me melt. He really did care about me...and I really cared about him. 

I sighed, grabbed his hands and made sure I had his full attention. " Look, John Dory...I'm sorry for making you feel that way. I would never do that on purpose. I also love the time we have together, even if it's around others, it's just that..." I stopped, swallowing down my fear. I knew I was going to have to tell him. I'm not much of a liar or avoider of problems and eventually he was going to find out. If not by me then by Poppy. I'd rather it be me anyways. I gripped his hands and his ears perked up and I knew I had his full attention. " John Dory...It's hard to be around you, and not in a bad way. In a very good way. Every time I'm with you, It's hard to think...function or even breathe. You have been my teen crush since you guys first made your debut. But now that you're here in front of me those feelings come back and it's hard to deny the fact that I still like you. I strongly like you. After I embarrassed myself in front of you yesterday. Just running out like that...I couldn't bring myself to talk to you or your brothers after that. But mainly you. I didn't know what your opinion of me was before but now...I'm certain it's not a good one. Not after that. So...that's why I've been avoiding all of you. All because of a silly and stupid think I did." My ears lowered as I finished speaking and my grip on his hands loosened. Silence fell between us for a moment before he began to speak. 

" Ophelia...I never had a bad opinion of you in the first place. If anything I thought you had a bad opinion on me. To be honest. I also like you. And I know it's only been a few days since meeting you but I just feel as if all that time we spent together as a group, I really got to know you and like the kind of troll you are. I strongly like you as well, and if you would please stop avoiding me and give me the chance, I would love to show you why I chose you. Why I like you and what goes on in my head every time you're around. You're so amazing and I want you to know that. I would never judge you because of something like that. I like that you're a sensitive person, you bring out the sensitive side in me. I could go on and on but we'd be here forever so...Ophelia please, don't run away from me anymore. Please?"

Our eyes locked and a smile of relief grew on my face. I, almost, jumped into his arms to give him a hug. Many thoughts we're running around through my mind, but the main one was that...he liked me back. He really liked me back. I would've never imagined or thought that he thought of me as the same, but he did, and that was enough to put a large grin on my face. 

" So uhm...now that I know you like me and that I like you what now?" John chuckled as I pulled away. " Well, for starters" I leaned in and gave him a peck on the cheek. He placed his hand where I kissed him and a small blush came to his face. He giggled. My heart melted by the sound he made. " But let's keep it between us for now. I'm still trying to process the fact that you really like me." I grinned. 

" You still need fizzypop? I know I do" John added before leading me over to the Fizzypop stand.

Night had fallen and the events of today constantly played in my head. I hummed a tune while getting everything ready for Poppy and Viva to come over. I set out the snacks on the table, put up the fairy lights and set pillows all around the room. "Perfect" I said before hearing a knock. I ran over and opened the door. "Poppy! Viva! Come in" I stepped aside to allow them room to enter. " You seem in a better mood than you were before. Who brightened your day? Hm?" Viva eyed me before getting comfortable. I blushed a little before giggling. " Oh...It's nothing. My day just happened to take a turn for the best" 

"Well you better spill. I wanna know all about it" Poppy looked at me, patting the pillow next to her. I closed the door and swiftly rushed over. Once I was comfortable I told them everything. How John Dory confessed to me and how I confessed to him. How we spent the afternoon together and how he walked me back home. " And that about sums it all up." I shrugged my shoulders and played with my hair. 

"I knew it!" Poppy exclaimed. " I called it and I knew it. I must say I am a veterinarian in the art of love~ and every time you were around he showed signs that he was interested in you. You guys are so cute together. Yeah, I've seen the little moments you guys have. And honestly, I'm glad you found someone that likes you for you."
"Yeah Ophelia. You're smiling really hard right now as well and I can only assume it's because of John Dory. It makes me happy to see you happy. Your smile always brightens up a room" 

I giggled and snorted a little bit. We all laughed for a moment before continuing into the festivities. Today had events that I never thought I would be doing, but thanks to our encounter today we were both able to confess our feelings and spend some alone time together. Now I'm certain that he's more than some childhood crush rushing back to me. I genuinely like him for his character. He's exactly the type of troll my mother has always talked about me having when I was older. Now he's here and I couldn't have wished for anyone better.