CHAPTER 3

Ember started get used to the life outside the pack. Her roommate and her could have small conversations in the morning before she leaves for work and in the evening when she's back. She could manage the troubles and stress that comes with her new job. All in all, she's settling in just fine. But she has a bugging thought, she haven't caught the scent of her mate neither has she seen him. Even the car he drove off in isn't seen. She asked Nina about it one time but she got the response that they live in the part downtown and to see that kind of luxurious car you have to go to the big city.

This wasn't in alignment with her plan. Her goal now is to find a way to live in the big city as Nina called it. The big city is not a place one can go and live in because they woke up one day feeling like living in one, one has to be very rich as the living expenses there is really high. There's another way, get a scholarship into their college which can be done if one scores really well in the exam. This scholarship is available for only people below the age of 21 which Ember doesn't fall under, but thankfully with her werewolf gene, she can pass off as an eighteen years old. She thought of a lovely background story to explain some weird things in her identity like her origin.

The next exam would be held in the following year and this gave Ember more than enough time to prepare and arrange her life. This a big step into looking for her mate and she needs to do everything possible to get into the college.

---------------_the following year_---------------
' name?'
' Ember, Ember woods'
' please leave your bag in any available locker and head into Hall 4, your exam would start shortly'
' thank you.'
After staying in the human world for a year plus, Ember can successfully pass off like any naive teenager as she has learnt that it's better to hide your knowledge and potential in order to let the other party drop their guard because they've already underestimated you. Walking in a steady pace towards her Hall after dropping her bag inside a locker, she took a very deep breath hoping to catch the whiff of her mate scent as she is craving for it. She was disappointed yet again, he's not here.

She found her sit and sat down quietly without drawing any attention to herself. The hall is very big and can accommodate hundred people. This scholarship is given to two persons every year out of the thousands of applicants and you can only write this exam twice. People downtown really want to leave the town even Nina has used up her two chances to leave. Ember prayed to moon goddess for help and guidance because she really needed that.

Exams was over results would be out in a day time because it was a computer based exam. Ember walked out feeling dejected because she has an odd feeling that she didn't do well in the exam, she took her bag and left the building. She didn't have much money on her to be able to hail a cab home so she opted for the next option, walking home. She couldn't complain because she loves walking and finds joy in it. Then the scent hit her like a truck, though faint, it's there... Her mate's unique scent. She started jogging before steadily increasing her speed as one can say confidently that she was running, she was running very fast. Her nose was directing her and at the same time she was still in a shock. Her heart was racing not only due to the run but the mere thought if seeing her mate is overwhelming. She stopped at a junction where the scent is coming from, she prepared her self to behold her mate glory as she took small steps towards the turn.

Hands on her lips as she saw a little boy (15 years old or so) being strangled by an older woman who looks nothing like the boy and has a very crazy expression on her face. People just looked and turned the other way. Ember was dumbstruck because her mate's scent is on the woman. Thought, bad thought ran through Ember's mind as her chest rose and fell heavily, she has to help the dying boy but she can't will her mind to move because it's in chaos right now. She took a step, then another, and another and before she knew what was happening she had already threw the woman to the wall with too much unnecessary strength. Tears fell from her eyes as her lips trembled, she doesn't know why she is crying this hard. She haven't cried this hard even after being neglected by the pack. She looked at the wheezing boy who was struggling to breathe she looked at him with a crooked smile before mouthing ' run ' to him. The boy struggled to stand and after few trials he did and took off in a speed she believed was his fastest.

Turning to the woman on the floor she discovered that she no longer conscious and is bleeding heavily from the head.
' tsk I used too much strength'
She took out her cell phone and called '950' the emergency number. She told them to track where the call is being made and come for the woman. Dropping her phone on the woman legs, she left like she was not involved in a fight just now. Her tears has already dried up and she was done crying but her thought did not go away, was she not needed in her mate's life?

---------------------------------------------------------
THANK YOU SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER....