Chapter 3

I woke up with a start, I glance around and take note of my surroundings and yesterdays events slowly start coming back to me. I almost groan at the thought of how many new complications I have acquired.

Just when I thought life couldn't get any wilder, this gets sprung on me. Seriously?

I was still wearing yesterday's clothes, as I hadn't been bothered to change them before collapsing into my bed, though otherwise could be said for Aaron. I flipped over to my side just to see him lying beside me in his sweatpants. I lift my hands automatically to trace the scars on his back, like I did every morning at home before I woke him. This gesture brings familiarity to me, even if I'm currently lying in sheets farther away from my home than I could've ever imagined possible. Aaron smells of soap, not one of his soaps he so preciously collected and those which I would often take for myself but evidently he'd taken advantages of the luxuries the hotel provided. It smelled of mint and strawberry. The thought of a  man with a body count of hundreds who demolished entire armies smelling like strawberries made me want to laugh.

The moment of amusement went as quickly as it came, and soon I was left only to drown in my own thoughts. I lay there for god knows how long, could've been a couple minutes or tens of hours for all I know. This didn't feel real. I don't feel anything, and that's what made it so surreal, I'm in a whole other universe, surely I must feel something. I tossed and turned as much as I am able to without waking Aaron, trying to shake off paranoid thoughts.

A knocking on the door interrupts my thoughts, i scurry out of bed to answer the door, glad to have something practical to do despite my better judgement. I open the door to see Kenji standing there, he seemed to have retreated to the other side of the hallway after knocking on our door.

"What are you doing?" I raise an eyebrow, staring at the distance he's put between him and our door.

I feel like I wouldn't be able to find a time where me and Aaron are lying in bed peacefully when Kenji didn't interrupt us. I suddenly understand Aaron's annoyance a little better, but at least he's currently too unconscious to snap at Kenji.

"I'm just trying to live another day, in case it wasn't you who opened the door," replied Kenji shamelessly.

"You know I won't actually let him kill you,"

"Yea...I'd rather not test how much power you have over him, no offense," Kenji raised both of his hands to his beside his shoulder in mock surrender.

"Non taken, why aren't you in bed, with Nazeera?"

Kenji's face reddens, securing the smirk now forming on my face.

"Y'know, you haven't told me what's going on with you two," I grin.

"Nothing! And it's none of your bussiness!" he snaps.

"How come my love life is your bussiness and yours isn't mine?" I demand.

"Because I don't have a love life, I plan to stay single so I can avoid being gross and making out all over the place like you and Warner," he says firmly.

"We do not make out all over the place!"

"Whatever you say, princess."

Annoyance was bubbling up my stomach. This interrogation meant for Kenji somehow managed to stir me up instead of making Kenji declare his everlasting love for Nazeera.

"Who are you talking, love?" came Aaron's sleepy voice.

God I will never not love hearing that voice.

"Just Kenji!" I shout back.

"He seems to have come up with some kind of conclusion that whenever we sleep together the world will blow up and he's the only one able to stop it," deadpanned Aaron.