Chapter 5

Aaron

"Oh my god! He cut her hair? That's absolutely foul," gasped the Greenbriar guy. He and Kishimito have been discussing a cartoon for the last 10 minutes of the car ride, if I hear the name "Flynn Rider" one more time my ears will fall off.

"Yeah! And then Mother Gothel totally went nuts, mind you the first time I watched it she looked scary," said Kishimoto excitedly.

I cringed.

"Damn, they was so brave though,"  sighed Greenbriar.

"Shut up," I snapped. It was bad enough to have been separated from Ella, I didn't trust these people. If they dare to lay a hand on her in that car, I'll make sure they won't have hands to lay. Now I was stuck with these two? I should have never volunteered to drive, let the arrogant bastard in a suit deal with it himself. This is why I don't socialize, people are insufferable. The dude practically looked as if he'd bought his way onto planet earth.

"You don't have to be so grouchy," the faerie said back.

I nearly laughed at the audacity. Me, grouchy? Who does he think he is, the king of fairies? Ironic. We've barely known eachother for an hour.

"You're as annoying as Kishimito," I deadpanned.

"Hey!" came Kishimito's voice.

"You-you're just a stupid mortal," said Greenbriar defensively, sounding mockingly hurt.

I gripped the steering wheel harder, imagining it was their necks and it was them I was currently strangling, instead of an I-don't-want-to-know-how-many-thousand-dollar steering wheel, though I'm sure Mr Alex would love to enlighten me.

"You're literally the one with the tail," I replied with the same unamused expression.

"Leave my tail out of this!" He sounded indignant now, I loosened my grip on the wheel by an inch.

"It's mildly difficult as you're waving it on display,"

"He does have a point," the other guy, Josh spoke.

"Why'd you have to side with him? The grouch?" demanded Greenbriar.

"I'm not siding with him!"

"Fine! Just say you find my tail hideous," huffed the Greenbriar as he crossed his arms.

"I find your tail extremely hideous, it is so hideous in fact the word "hideous" isn't enough to describe how ill-favored it looks," I said flatly.

I hear a offended intake of breath from the furry followed by half-snort half-laugh coming out of Kishimito.

"Why are you all siding with him?" he demanded.

"Don't take it personally, he's always had a stick up his ass," Kishimito had the audacity to say.

"I'll stab you with that stick," I muttered.

As soon as I got out the car, I practically stomped over to the other vechile to find Juliette opening the door and stepping out laughing. Apparently she was laughing at a joke Nazeera had told along with the other black-haired girl, even Jude Duarte was smiling.

"Ella! Are you okay?" I shouted over to her, concerned. For whatever reason, the girls started giggle even harder. At that I furrowed my brows, annoyance deepening.

"Don't worry, Alex is literally the same," whispered the Asian girl, making Ella laugh.

"Hi Aaron," Ella said innocently. My annoyance vanished. Who gave her the right to be so beautiful? She blinked at me with her large, blue-green eyes, staring into its depths made you think you were looking at the warmest, most gorgeous of ponds. The ones that had white lillies growing around it. Her flawless skin glowed under the sunlight, and her rosy lips curved at the sight of me into the prettiest smile I will ever lay my eyes on.