Chapter 24

Dunk was in a beach. Walking along the shore. He didn't remember coming to a beach. He wondered where Joong was. It was a moonless night. But the beach was not dark somehow.

There were some rocks at the beach. To Dunk's suprise he saw a young girl sitting on a rock. She was wearing a white long dress. And she had a silver colour hair. It was shining brightly. Dunk thought that the beach was lightened by her hair.

When Dunk got near her she turned to him. Dunk was awed by her beauty. Her eyes were blue like the ocean. She smiled at Dunk.

"I was waiting for you Dunk." She speaks. Her voice was the most sweetest sound Dunk had ever heard. He was surprised that she knew his name.

"How do you know my name?" Dunk asked.

"I know lot of things. Specially about my  children." The girl said. Dunk's eyes widened with the realisation. She was none other than moon goddess herself. Dunk couldn't believe he was in front of her. It explained her beauty as well as the abnormal light in the beach.

"Why did you want to meet me? And how do you know that I'll be here?"

"Because I brought you here."

"But why?" Dunk asked confused. He never heard of moon goddess coming down to meet anyone. But here she was in front of him.

"For year ago I did a huge mistake by blessing the Wendigos. I thought they'll be like vampires and warewolves. I never thought they'll turn into some vicious creatures. When I realised my mistake I took some of their powers and banished them. They were very furious. They promised me they will come back for revenge. They swear they'll destroy all of my children. And they came back as they promised. They had found some dark magic. I wasn't powerful enough to stop them. But my children were. They stopped Wendigos and it cost them lot of lives. " Goddess looked sad. She heaved a sigh.

"I don't understand why those are after me."

"They are not just after you. They after Joong also. Because you are from pure blood families who are powerful than all the others. You two love each other and it makes you even more powerful. By taking your power they can take out the whole world."

"So, What should we do? Should I kill myself like the previous mates so they can't take our powers?" Dunk said angrily.

"My child do you know what happened to the other mate after his mate suicide?"

Dunk shook his head indicating no.

"He killed himself too. Because living without your mate is like a torture. It feels like your heart is about to explode the each passing second. The pain is unbearable. Those who bear the pain went crazy after awhile and others killed themselves. So, even though you kill yourself to save Joong, he will not survive."

"Then what should I do?"

"You should face them Dunk. You should face them together. Last time I couldn't do anything to help, but this time I can. Give me you hand."

The goddess stretched her hand towards Dunk. Dunk placed his hand on her. Their hands started to shine brightly with a blue colour. Then it slowly disappeared and the ring in Dunk's finger shone with the same blue colour.

"You'll be weak in the blood moon day. But together you are stronger than them. Do not forget that my child."

The goddess looked at the sky after saying that and Dunk looked at the sky too. To his suprise the moon was now shining brightly and he looked at the goddess. But the goddess was no longer there.

Dunk suddenly woke up from his sleep. He was not in a familiar room and he panicked. But calmed down when he felt Joong beside him. He turned around and saw Joong sleeping next to him while hugging him. He smiled to himself and stroked Joong's hair gently.

Dunk couldn't believe all that happened was a dream. He didn't meet the moon goddess for real. He looked at his ring and saw it glowing in blue.

"So it not really just a dream." He said to himself and looked at the ring on Joong's hand. It also glowed same as Dunk's.

Dunk got up from the bed carefully without waking up Joong. He went to the window and looked outside. He recognised the place. It was the clan house he was in. But he doesn't remember coming here. All he remembered was sitting at the cafe with his friends and getting angry about his father.

He came out of the room without making any sound. Then he headed to the room where his father used as a office room.The door was open and he saw his father working on some documents.

"Dad" Dunk called from outside the room. He didn't dared to go in.

"Dunk? Are you awake now?"

"Yes dad."

"Come in."

Dunk went inside hesitantly. He sat in a chair in front of his had. He lowered his head and didn't met with his father's eyes. He felt guilty. He didn't remember what he did, but he was so sure he did something bad.

"Dunk, look at me son." Dunk's father voice was soft and kind. Dunk raised his head. His father was looking at him lovingly.

"Dad, did I hurt you?" Dunk asked. His voice filled with worry.

"Not really. Joong came on time." Dunk noded his head.

"Joong told me everything. I'm sorry I hide it from you. I didn't wanted to worry you. I thought we'll find a solution soon. After you were kidnapped by Leo, I thought I should tell you."

"It's okay dad. Everything in the past now. Let's try to find a solution together."

"Yes, I talked with Joong's dad. We are going to held a clan meeting soon. We need a plan." Dunk noded his head.

"Dad, I should go to Joong before he wakes up. Or else he'll -"

"DUNK"

Dunk could not finish what he was saying, because he heard Joong screaming his name. Dunk ran fast out of the room and met with Joong at the outside.

Relief washed over Joong's face when seeing Dunk. He ran to him and hugged him tightly.

"Calm down Joong, I'm fine. I just came to see my dad." Dunk said patting Joong's back. He felt Joong taking a deep breath smelling him.

"Don't leave my sight like that. I almost had a heart attack when you were not beside me when I woke up."

"Sorry naa. I won't do it again."

Joong raised his head and looked at Dunk in the eyes. He raised his hand and touched Dunk's cheek and his other hand snaked around Dunk's waist.

"How do you feel now?" Joong asked lovingly.

"Bit tired and hungry."

"Shall we go home then?"

"But there's nothing in the home." Dunk whinned like a baby.

"Okay okay. Let's buy takeout on the way then." Joong said smiling and pinched Dunk's nose. Dunk smiled trying to bite Joong's hand.

"You are spoiling him Joong."

Both Joong and Dunk jumped in surprise hearing Dunk's dad's voice. Both of them feel embarrassed and blushed. Dunk's dad was smiling at them.

"Dad, we are going home. Inform us when you decide the time for the clan meeting." Dunk said and ran outside. He felt shy because his father saw him with Joong hugging him. Joong also followed Dunk after saying goodbye to Dunk's father.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A/N:

Another chapter is done.

The blood moon is coming. Finally we met the moon goddess. Will she really be helpful this time? or will JoongDunk have to find a way to survive?

How was the story? Do you like it?

Vote and comment if you like it. I'm really happy that lots of people enjoy my story.🤗🤗

Thank you so much for giving me love and support. 😘😘❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️