Chapter 30

Dunk felt exact moment when Joong hit the bullet. It was painful. Dunk haven't felt that kind of pain before. He felt like someone was trying to rip his heart. Dunk turned around and saw Joong lying on the ground. His heart was bleeding.

"JOONG"

Dunk's scream echoed through the battle field. It was a ground breaking scream like a banshee. Dunk ran to Joong.

The eclipse ended and powers returned to all the werewolves and vampires. That was what they were planning to do. Delay James until eclipse end. They succeeded but now Joong was injured severely.

"Joong! wake up. Please don't leave me." Dunk was crying near Joong's body. Others also saw Joong lying on the ground so they all ran to him.

"Joong, please." Dunk took Joong's hand in his. Joong raised his other hand and touched Dunk's cheek.

"I- I'm s-sorry Dunk" Joong whispered, his hand slipping from Dunk's cheek to fall limply to the ground.

Dunk's world shattered into pieces infront of his eyes. Joong's words hung in the air. Dunk's whole focus on Joong and he felt like his all senses shutting down.

"You destroyed my plans. I'll kill you too. So you can meet your mate." James came to Dunk with a silver dragger. But he stopped in the middle.

Suddenly the air became thick around them. A very dangerous aura was sending from Dunk's direction. Others who were coming to them also stopped.

Dunk's crying had stopped. He got up from Joong and turned around. His eyes had turned to blood red and his long vampire fangs had come out.

Phuwin tried to run to them but Pond grabbed his and stopped.

"Don't. He is dangerous. He won't recognise you."

"What should we do?"

"Normally, Joong will calm him down. But I don't know what's going to happen now." Fourth said.

James was looking at Dunk with horror. He looked extremely deadly. He was fueled by the rage and agony of loosing Joong. His eyes locked with James and James felt goosebumps rising in his skin.

Without uttering a word, Dunk lunged at James with an unparalleled speed and strength. The air crackled with the intensity of their collision. The silver dagger in James's hand proved futile as Dunk effortlessly disarmed him. Then he bite off James neck. James dropped dead.

Leo saw his companion was killed and got scared of his own life. He was going to run away but Dunk was faster than him. He lunged at Leo. Leo tried to attack Dunk. But he was no match for Dunk. Dunk ripped his head off of his body without a mercy. Other Wendigos and werewolves and vampires from Leo's clan try to escape. But no one had a chance with Dunk. All of them were dropped dead within minutes.

Dunk got back to where Joong was lying and dropped next to him. The tense aura around Dunk shifted and Pond got got closer to him.

"Dunk?" Pond called Dunk cautiously. He knew he can't handle triggered Dunk. Dunk responded to his call and looked back at Pond.

Pond's heart break seeing his best friends condition. The eyes that used to shine like the morning sun now looks like a empty pot. And he was a crying mess. Tears flowing in his eyes constantly. Pond couldn't bear to see his friend like that so he hugged Dunk.

"Pond! He is not waking up. What am I going to do without him? How am I supposed to live without him. I can't live without him Pond. I can't." Dunk cried in Pond's arms. His heart was tearing apart as he looking at Joong's motionless body.

Joong's father came near Joong's body and crouched down next to him. He took his hand in his. He couldn't believe he lost his only son.

The healer came and took Joong's hand in his. His eyes widened with surprise. He felt a very weak pulse in him.