Raksha Ives

"Tighten up that throw Raksha." My instructor rolled her eyes at me like I was ignorant and threw knife after knife at me. I did what I was told with the utmost precision possible, but of course, that's what I was made for.

My name is Raksha Ives or better known in the facility as Subject 4. I was engineered to be the perfect weapon, my biological mother was a scientist here, but I had no father. The other half of my genes were chemically made in this very facility. I was literally made to be indestructible.

As I ran out of knives I threw a right hook at my instructor and accidentally knocked her unconscious. "Oops," I muttered. I went to the benches and pulled a water bottle from my bag and took a long swig waiting for the annoying woman to wake up. I was tempted to throw water in her face and was about to do just that when an ear ringing alarm started going off. "What the hell," I growled covering my ears. "Open," I commanded the automated doors. "Door opening."

I slipped through and headed off towards the command center to see what was going on. Before I got there I heard a weird gurgling growl. I cocked my head and leaned around a corner to get a look. What I saw was strange; it was a man with decaying flesh stumbling around. What was stranger was the man had on a white lab coat like the other scientists, and stranger yet he was missing an arm. I tiptoed to the weapons room and grabbed a small throwing knife. I heard the moaning growing closer and grabbed a couple more. I turned and threw the knife with complete accuracy into the man's chest, I was confused when he didn't drop dead. I had thrown the knife right into his heart, no human should live through that. I cocked my head and threw it into his Adams apple. Again he kept stumbling forward. I picked up another and threw it between his eyes, finally, it fell and didn't move. Now that I had my threat's weakness point I grabbed a few duffel bags and filled them with guns, ammo, knives, and various weapons. I found a leg holster and slipped it on after sliding in more knives. Last, I grabbed the black recurve bow hanging on the wall along with a sheath of arrows.

Calmly walking through the hall, I found the information room and locked the door behind me. Looking around I found a red file on a desk, I opened it up and looked inside, in bright red letters at the top the first page read Virus Outbreak. No Known Cure. It was dated three months ago. I figured the dumb scientists thought they would be spared from the disease. I shook my head at their stupidity and slipped back out of the door with the file still in my hand along with a solar powered tool that was created for showing every landscape and all its details. Such as, where there was water, or where to find natural food sources growing. As I quietly made my way to the kitchen I walked past the labs and heard people screaming and crying for help along with the gurgling moans. As I peeked inside I saw that the undead was eating the living. I saw one of the doctors who had been exceptionally cruel to me reach out as if begging for my help. I didn't help though, I wasn't made to, I was only made to survive. So instead, I went to the kitchen and calmly filled more bags with food and water before exiting the area and sneaking to the now unguarded front entrance.

Before I slipped through the door, I grabbed an overly large, odd shaped key hanging on the wall with the other car keys. I twirled the key ring around my finger as I made my way across the parking lot to the government made Indestructible Weaponized Vehicle or the IWV as the scientists called it. I unlocked it and threw the bags in the back of the spacious vehicle. As I shut the back I looked around the parking lot. The facility was on a more secluded and guarded road as to block out curious civilians. Apparently it hadn't been made to block out the dead walking people since the whole facility was crawling with them. I shrugged my shoulders and pulled out of the parking lot and headed down the long winding road back towards the city of Atlanta. I turned on the radio and heard only static. Damn, I could seriously use some music right now. I kept driving along trying to find any ounce of civilization left, but could only find the decaying flesh eaters.

I pulled over and decided now was a good time as any to read what else was in the file. I had just finished reading about how everyone was now basically screwed and that there was no chance of the world recovering from the outbreak when I saw a red car speeding past me with an alarm blaring full on. "Well, that's idiotic." I mumbled and started the IWV back up. I headed after the car but kept my distance, I was trained to be ready and prepared for any possible threat and outcome. As the car headed up the mountains I stayed behind until it slowed and pulled into what looked like a camp area. I pulled in and parked in a wooded area where I could see them perfectly but remain unseen myself and watched them.

A Chinese looking guy stepped out and said something to some of the others until a guy came over and unplugged something from under the hood. Everyone seemed to calm down as the alarm shut off.

I watched the group for awhile before growing bored and leaning back in my seat for a quick nap. Little did I know that when I awoke the group would have already been gone.