Damsel In Distress

I glanced at Glenn one last time perched on top of a building, before taking a deep breath and stepping into the street. My plan wasn't exactly the greatest, and it definitely wasn't the safest. I was basically going to walk around hoping to be kidnapped. I know, not exactly foolproof, but it was the first thing that had come to me. I had one small knife hidden securely in my boot and Shane's gun. I had hoped the gun would be good enough to keep someone from thoroughly searching me. I figured if whoever was doing this saw I wasn't much of a threat it would make them slip up and make some sort of mistake.

I walked around a few buildings, stepping inside a few, pretending to look for supplies. Each moment felt like centuries, every little sound was amplified to a maximum. I wasn't sure how I was supposed to act normal, considering normal wasn't exactly my area of expertise. I thought about whistling like they did in the movies, but I realized that could attract the wrong enemies, the undead kind.

I stepped inside a store and jumped back when I saw an older woman standing in front of me, she looked to be in her seventies, definitely not normal for a zombie apocalypse. "Hello? Ma'am?" I got an uneasy feeling when she turned to me. She smiled and beckoned me forward. I took a small cautious step towards her. When I went to take another step I felt the hair on the back of my neck rise before I could turn around to see what caused the feeling I felt a small prick on the back of my arm and collapsed.

When I finally came to, I noticed I was in a large room that looked like some kind of bingo hall. I shook my head to clear the fog and heard what sounded like gruff intakes of breath. I looked over and groaned, I was tied to the last person I wanted to be near, Daryl Dixon. "Well, it ain't like I'm happy to see you either," He growled out at me. I glared at him before taking another look around, everyone was here, including Glenn. He shrugged at me and smiled apologetically. "Where are we?" I couldn't figure out why we would be brought here, they hadn't taken our supplies from the truck, they weren't using us as a survival tactic, and I didn't think this was normal human procedure either.

"We've been captured by Betty White and her band of grannies," Shane mumbled. My eyes widened, I had only seen the woman on Tv, and she had seemed to be a nice person. "Not the actual Betty White, just some old hag." Daryl rolled his eyes at my stupidity. "Oh." I felt my cheeks grow warm, I almost giggled at the sensation, it had never happened to me before.

Before anyone could say anything else, someone cleared their throat. I looked up and saw an old woman staring at us. She had an aura of authority about her, she was definitely the leader. I didn't get why Shane called her Betty White, she looked nothing like her in my opinion. I decided I should probably try to reason with her. "Hi, my name's Raksha, what's yours?" The woman looked at me and smiled, if she hadn't abducted us, I would have thought it was a kind one. "You can call me Oak Tree." I scrunched my nose, I'd never met someone with such a peculiar name. "An alias?" Rick asked. The woman smiled again. "What do ya want?" So much for reasoning. I looked at Daryl and glared.

"You'll see soon enough." Her face was even, but her tone held a note of foreboding. She looked us over once more before walking out of the room. Another woman took her place, she had a sweet grandmotherly look about her. I smiled at her hoping to gain some trust. She walked over and reached up and flipped a switch above me. As the room went dark I felt a pain on my left hand. The woman had stepped on me, I felt her heel twist a moment before she stepped off. She had done it on purpose.

Who knew old people could be so evil?