Chapter 3: The New Member

Hello! Sorry for my long absence! I'll be updating more often since now on.

!!!!! WARNING !!!!!
This chapter is very long and there are a lot of chatroom-like dialogues, since I wanted to make a good introduction the world of Mystic Messenger. Not many chapters will be written like that though, so don't worry!

Get yourself something to drink, grab a snack and enjoy your read! <3

_________________________________________________

YOOSUNG

Yoosung was sitting on a chair in one of the back rows of the class. His eyes filled with a mixture of sadness and anger, as he was staring blankly at a white piece of sheet he was holding in his hand.

A few moments later, the professor took away the exam from in front of his face, and after that he let everyone out with a simple "goodbye" escaping his mouth, disappointment palpable in his voice. Some students decided to stay a bit longer to have a short conversation with the man, but Yoosung couldn't care less. He grabbed his backpack, hung it on his right shoulder and rushed to the closest door.

He soon left the building and went straight to the closest bus stop, where he checked the waiting time would be around 15 minutes - "just enough to grab something to drink" he thought as he moved towards the nearby store.

He stepped inside just a minute later and went right away to the alley with energy drinks. He took one can and headed to the cash register when a familiar face was waiting with a smile.

- Welcome, Yoosung - said an elderly man in a warm manner. - What's that grimace on your face? - he questioned, taking a can of energy drink to scan its price.

- Good afternoon - the boy faked a smile. - It's a rough day – added, rubbing the back of his neck, waiting for the man to be done with his purchase.

- Oh I'm sorry to hear that. If it's about a grade again, don't worry, you'll retake it and pass this time - said in an encouraging way the cashier. - No student can pass every single test - added, handing the energy drink back to the owner.

- Thank you Mr Park - answered Yoosung feeling slightly better. He then put some coins on the desk and turned to the exit door. - Goodbye, see you again soon! - added waving goodbye.

Back at the bus stop, there were still 5 minutes left before the arrival. Waiting for the vehicle only made his frustration grow. He put the headphones on his head and opened Spotify app, after what he started setting a playlist. He chose some of his favourite songs and put the phone back in a pocket of his jeans.

Finally the bus arrived. He waited for a few people to get off and then he got on himself. He stood in the aisle looking left and tried for an empty seat, which he noticed just a few seconds later. Yoosung sat down at the chosen place and rested his elbow on the armrest, with his chin on his palm, looking through the window. He was thinking about nothing, just let himself drift away into the world of music playing on his headphones. 15 minutes later the destined bus stop appeared in sight. He grabbed his backpack, got off and took a short walk to his apartment.

Upon reaching the flat, Yoosung tossed his backpack on the floor in the hall, next to the shoe cabinet and decided to take some rest in the sleeping room, where he collapsed on bed. He took a deep breath and wanted to take a short nap, but his buzzing phone didn't let him. He took it out of his pocket and checked. There were a few R.F.A Messenger notifications, which were keep increasing in number. He decided to join the chatroom as he saw all of his friends were online.