Chapter 4: Meeting Seven

SEVEN'S HOUSE

As he left the group chatroom, Seven found himself alone in the expanse of the virtual space. Despite his relentless search for traces of the mysterious hacker, he found nothing. Unhappy with the lack of progress, concerned for Cassidy's safety, he reached for his phone and dialled her number. Shortly after, the girl answered.

***

- Hello? – said Cassidy with curiosity in her voice.

- Hello! It's Seven Zero Seven! – he greeted her with his characteristic light-hearted tone, masking the seriousness of the situation. – I hope I'm not interrupting anything too exciting.

- Not really – Cassidy chuckled nervously. – Just exploring, you know.

- Ohhh, curious girl. But don't explore too much, there are things you can't look at – he warned, afraid of the confidential documents hidden in the apartment, which only him and V knew about.

- Saying that only makes me want to explore even more – the girl teased.

- AGHHH! – Seven shouted to the phone. – Forget about what I said! Listen, I want you to know that I'm on my way to the apartment. I'll be there soon – he informed, shifting his tone to more serious. – I want to make sure everything's alright. Safety first!

- That's really sweet of you! – said Cassidy, a soft smile appearing on her lips. – I'll be here when you arrive.

- Ohh of course you will be, you can't go away for now! Ok, see you in a bit. And remember, if anything feels off or if you see anything strange, let me know immediately. I'm here to protect and serve! Well, in my own quirky way! – added Seven, injecting a touch of humour into the conversation.

***

After hanging up, Seven wasted no time. He headed straight to his garage, where his luxurious sports cars awaited. He went to the red one and settled into the driver's seat. With a determined glint in his eye, he navigated through the streets with the city lights serving as a backdrop to his mission.

JUMIN'S OFFICE

In his office, surrounded by tens of papers, Jumin found himself seated at the desk. His piercing gaze fixed on the screen of the phone with the RFA messenger app still displaying the recent chatroom. A line appeared between his brows as he was contemplating the possible consequences of V's decision. The RFA had always been an exclusive circle, carefully curated to hold its charity purpose. The introduction of a new member raised questions in Jumin's meticulous mind.

The door to his office opened, preceded by a gentle knock, letting his assistant Jaehee approach him with a stack of documents in her hands.

- Mr Han, here are the revised financial reports for your revie – she said, placing the papers on his desk. Jumin acknowledged her presence with a nod, his focus still lingering on the phone.

- Assistant Kang, what are your thoughts on the new member? – he asked, looking up at the woman.

- I share your reservation, sir. I think that introducing an unknown outsider isn't very responsible. We should think about it more carefully – she replied with a measured tone. Jumin leaned back in his chair, steepling his fingers.

- I don't agree with V's decision. However, since he's my best friend, I trust his judgment. We'll see how it goes, but we need to be careful. She's in the place where a lot of confidential documents are at – he fixed his posture and looked at the piles of documents on his desk. – Anyway, enough about that. Jaehee, take those documents and review them for the upcoming shareholders meeting. Ensure every detail is meticulously examined – he ordered, handing the papers out to Jaehee.