Perfect! (Chapter 2)

Jake looked at the clock above the door. He was 15 minutes late. He jumped up from where he was sitting during lunch, and sprinted towards the door, stuffing the last of his sandwich in his mouth. Jake ran out of the door to the cafeteria, and bolted down the hallway towards the Music Club, bumping into some people along the way. "Hey! Watch where you're going, freak!" He heard Drew shout, now behind him. Jeez was 'freak' the only insult he knew? It was getting pretty damn old. "WhAt ThE hELL, jAkE?!" Zoey screeched, as he bumped into her. Jake kept running, not looking back. 'I don't remember the Music Club being THIS far away from the cafeteria!' He he said in his thoughts. He rounded the corner and saw the Music Room come into view. There it was! Jake slammed open the doors to the Club, "I- I'm he-! WOAH!" He tripped over his shoelace, which he now noticed was untied. Zander sighed, exasperated. Millie almost cried from laughing so hard. "Uggghhhh.." He groaned, holding his head, trying to sit up. "Hehe, you alright, Jake?" Sean asked with a slight chuckle. "I think so?" he replied. Hailey walked over to him and extended her hand to help him up. "Right on time, Sterling." She said sarcastically. He took her hand and she helped him up. "I'm really sorry." He apologized. "Why are you always late? You're not hanging around with those jerks again, are you?" Zander questioned. "No, no I don't hang out with them anymore. Besides, they hate me anyway." He responded, looking down at the last few words. "I'm sure they don't hate you." Luke tried comforting him, but Jake kept looking down, thinking about Drew yelling, calling him that damn name again. 'freak'. silence filled the room. "Hey, you know what?" Hailey asked, wanting to change the mood. "Let's just start working on the song." He looked up, hopeful, smiling.

----------

          Hailey sighed, fiddling with the pencil she was writing with. She stared down at the blank notebook laid down in front of her. "Uhm.. maybe we can try a song about..." Jake said, thinking out loud. He was sitting next to Hailey, zoning out, thinking hard. "We could make a rock song!" Millie suggested, letting off another riff. "MILLIE!" Her friends all shouted in unison. "Alright! Alright! That was the last one, I promise!" She replied to the outburst. Then the silence returned. "Maybe we can make a throwback-like song? 80s or 90s?" Sean volunteered. "Sean! You're such a boomer!" Millie said, nudging him in the shoulder. "No I'm not." He fought back. "Says the person who listens to backstreet boys in his free time!" she shot back. "Hey!" He shouted at Millie. Jake grinned, turning towards Sean. "I~ want it thaaaaat way~!" He sung out. Hailey rolled her eyes, though she was also wearing a smile. "Hmm..." Luke said, thinking, putting his finger to his chin. "What about... a love song?" He suggested, brightly. Zander glared at him. "C'mon Zander, it'll be fun!" Luke said, and he stopped glaring, trusting Luke. "Sounds fun.." he mumbled. Millie smiled widely, looking at Jake and Hailey "YES, YES, YES! WE HAVE TO DO IT!" She shouted, excitedly. "That sounds like a great idea, Luke." Jake said, thinking about confessing to Daisy that way. "Yeah, sounds great! What do you think, Hailey?" Sean asked, but she was zoned out. 'Singing a love song..? With with Jake?!' Her heart beat faster, just thinking about it. 'What's happening right now? Why am I feeling this way?' She was confused. 'He likes Daisy, he'll probably be singing with me just as a way to confess to her...' "Uhh.. Hailey?" Sean asked her, trying to get her attention, but she was lost in her thoughts. "Hailey?" Jake asked, turning to her.

"Hailey?"

"Haaiilleeyyy?"

"Hailey!"

"Hails?"

"Austin..?"

"..."

"Princess?"

           "Huh? What?" She snapped out of her thoughts. "Ooooh~ she only responded to 'Princess'" Millie said, teasing her. "Millie..!" Hailey groaned, annoyed. She cleared her throat. "Yeah.. that sounds like a great idea." And they continued to work on the song, Luke laid out the beat, while Zander joined in, playing the piano slow and somber. Millie strummed her guitar, powerful, and smooth. Sean was there, putting all the bits and pieces of the audio together. Hailey and Jake weren't singing in that moment, because they hadn't yet thought about what was going to be sung. Even then, the music blended beautifully. Then it ended. "Good job, everyone, it sounded great!" Hailey said, and the group exchanged hopeful glances. "but it sounds like something missing.." She said zoning out, pondering what more they could possibly need. "But we have it all, what more do we need?" Luke asked. Hold on a second Luke! Hailey's already trying to figure that out! Just then, there was a knocking sound. "Uhm.. excuse me?" Everyone's attention turned towards the doorway. There stood a tall boy in jeans, a buttoned shirt and tight, tinted  black leather jacket. He had soft, fluffy brown hair, cute, circular glasses hanging on his nose. His face was dotted with freckles, and his eyes were a brilliant emerald-green and aqua color. Hailey recognized him. It was the boy from last night. Wait, what the hell is Daniel doing here?! He was holding a beautiful wooden violin, and bow in hand. "Is this the music room?" He asked. "Yes." she got closer to him, making sure he was who she thought he was. "Daniel? Is that you?" She asked. "You recognized me!" He said with a smile. Everyone looked around, confused. "You know him? When did you two meet?" Zander asked, practically speaking the thoughts inside the other's heads. "Oh, I gave Hailey her jacket last night at the restaurant." Daniel explained. "Everyone, this is Daniel." Hailey introduced him, as he waved, warmly at everyone, and they all introduced themselves. 

          Hailey faced Daniel again. "So, what brings you here?" She asked. "Oh, well I play the violin! And I just started not too long ago, in fact, Friday was my first day. I heard there was a music competition and I wanted to be there, and I saw you guys perform! Oh, congratulations by the way." He went around the room, shaking hands with everyone... except Jake, he just blinked at him. 'Weird...' Jake thought. 'why didn't he shake my hand?' "Anyways, I really love music. It's my dream to be a violinist, and I was wondering if... if I could join the club as well?" He finally came around to asking. The entire club looked at each other, then nodded. Hailey saw this and faced Daniel once again. "Show us what you've got." Then he smiled.

          Sean played a song requested by Daniel, and he began to play. It was beautiful. The way the music blended with the violin would prove soothing to anyone. He moved his fingers gracefully across the violin's strings. Closing his eyes, he swayed with the music. It was mesmerizing. Everyone's eyes were glued on him... except Jake's who was looking over at Hailey. He noticed she was amazed, awe resting in her eyes, she too was mesmerized. The way she stared at him... What was this feeling inside Jake? He shook his head, trying not to think about it, focusing on Daniel... how perfect he was with the violin.. Jake could never beat that... No. Focus on admiring the music, no time for jealousy. Jealousy? Is that what he was feeling? No, surely not. Remember you like Daisy Jake. However, he kept thinking about this whole time Daniel was up there playing.

          When he had finished playing, he looked around at all the amazed faced around him, and seemed to Jake, that he were puffing up his chest in pride. "That.. that was amazing!" Millie shouted. Everyone else nodded in agreement, speechless. "It was alright..." Jake mumbled. "What was that, Jake?" Daniel asked him, a warm look on his face. Jake stared at him. "Oh- uh- nothing! Hehe.." Daniel nodded, and turned to talk to Hailey. "So what do you think?" He asked. Hailey was thinking. 'That's it! That's the piece missing! It would be perfect for the song!' "You're perfect!" She said out loud, which nearly made Zander choke. Daniel blushed intensely, and Jake took notice of this. 'He likes her..' He thought, the same feeling rising in him yet again, but quickly after, he pushed it down with thoughts of Daisy. "Hailey.. what?" Zander asked, a little surprised. "No, I mean, the violin's perfect for the song we're writing!" She said, her eyes sparkling- wait, who made that observation..? Oh, of course Jake did.  "Wait, I am?" He asked. "Yes! It'll be amazing! Alright, let's do this again, only Daniel's playing with everyone this time." She ordered.

           Also, yes, I changed the thumbnail last night. I tried to make the shading a little more detailed, and the hair a little more fluffy, but ma computer's bugged, so it was a little difficult. Reguardless, I still hope you find the thumbnail a little more appealing than before.