1. HELP WANTED

The sun was peaking through her curtains, light hitting her closed eyes. The alarm clock beside her going off causing her to groan in annoyance. She lazily turned to her side and slapped the top of the clock to shut it off. It was time to get up and get on with her day.

It's been a week now since Cordelia has arrived to New Orleans. She was able to quickly find a semi-cheap apartment in a old and run-down building. 

Today she would get some errands done. Cordelia quickly got out of her bed and headed towards her bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face, starting her day. Once done she got dressed in a black top and some jeans. She decided to leave her hair down today and let her waves roam free. She put on a bit of makeup and finished her look with a couple necklaces and bracelets. Taking one last look in the mirror making sure she looked presentable, she headed towards her tiny kitchen.

She needed coffee stat. All she had was some instant coffee mix and a kettle. She made a mental note to go buy at least a coffee pot so she could finally have some decent coffee. She opened her fridge to grab some milk for her coffee only to realize she finished the last bit of milk yesterday. 

Sighing, Cordelia closed her fridge opting to drink her coffee black as she had no other option. Once she finished her drink, she put the empty mug in the sink and headed towards her door. She put on her sneakers and threw on her favourite black leather jacket before grabbing her purse and headed out the door.

**********

Cordelia headed to the French Quarter to start off her errands. She picked up some basic groceries and roamed around a bit to get a better feeling of the place. She may have been in New Orleans now for a week, though the first half of it was spent trying to find a decent apartment. 

After roaming around for a few hours, noon hit. She was walking past a bar before she saw a sign saying HELP WANTED. Cordelia took a step back to get a look at the name. "Rousseau's" she mumbled out reading the name. She needed a job, and something to eat as she was starving. Maybe I can get a two for one deal, she thought to herself.

Cordelia walked up to the front door and entered the place. She saw two women standing behind the bar. One blonde haired woman with her back turned cleaning some glasses and the other was a brown haired woman wiping down the bar table.

Cordelia walked forward and headed towards the bar. The brown haired girl looked up and smiled. "Hi what can I getcha?" the brunette asked. Cordelia smiled. "I saw the sign outside" she replied turning and pointing towards the help wanted.

The brunette nodded her head and placed the cloth down on the table before walking around towards Cordelia. "I'm Sophie, the chef" she said sticking her hand out. Cordelia shook the girls hand. "Cordelia" she replied.  Sophie nodded and smiled turning towards the blonde who was still cleaning the glasses, seemingly in her own little world.

"That's Camille, the bartender" Sophie said. Upon hearing her name, Camille turned around and smiled at the two ladies. "Oh I'm so sorry!" Camille said making her way towards the two. "And please call me Cami. Camille sounds too formal" she said sticking out her hand towards Cordelia.