Quirk Training

Aizawa didn't know if he dreaded this day or relieved that it finally arrived. The air was bitter cold, the sky a bleak gray. The unforgiving weather aside, there was a job to do.

It was time to start Eri's quirk training and it was important to start early. These first few lessons would be crucial in deciding when Eri attends school. If she can even have the slightest grasp on her quirk in these early sessions, she may be enrolled sooner rather than later. Ultimately, it was too soon to tell when she would go to school, but there was something Aizawa could do, train her quirk.

Since Eri's quirk could only work on living things, Aizawa needed to get creative with the setup for her training. He grabbed the five pots out of the crate they had been transported in, into a row on the ground outside, the flowers sprouting out of said pots wilting away, their leaves and petals brown and discolored.

Despite the dreary weather, the day was still new, and none of it could go to waste. Brought out of his thoughts by the opening door, the blue-haired third-year Hadou leading Eri outside, the small girl wearing a blue winter coat with a pale fur trim. The young child looked around, confused, looking to the teacher and the older student for guidance.

"Eri, today we'll begin your quirk training," Aizawa addressed, remaining as neutral as possible to keep her calm, but he could see the anxiety grow on her face. "Don't worry, no one is going to get hurt," Aizawa assured her, patting her head. He wanted to put her at ease.

"It's simple," Aizawa explained, "See those flowers," he pointed over to the wilting plants neatly lined up a few feet away. Eri nodded. "You can see that they're dying, we don't want that to happen. Your job is to rewind the flowers back to a point when they would still be growing, and so that these flowers would be in full bloom."

Eri paused to process the information, "I need to make the flowers pretty again?" she simplified.

"Yes," Aizawa said, "You need to make the flowers pretty again."

Aizawa led Eri towards the row of flowers, backing away once she stood about a foot from the row. She hesitantly kneeled right in front of the far pot on the left in the lineup of flowers and gripped the pot's edge. Eri looked back, anxious. Hadou gave the girl a bright smile and a wave. Aizawa decided to just give a reassuring nod.

Eri turned back to the flower and closed her eyes. Her horn began to glow a pale yellow, and lightning-like sparks and flashes of energy sprouted from the horn. A flash of light engulfed itself around the first plant, and when the flash dissipated, the plant was gone.

When Eri opened her eyes and was greeted with a pot filled with soil, and no flower to be found, she burst into tears. Aizawa panicked. He didn't know if this meant that Eri lost control of her quirk or spiraled into her past trauma, but he activated Erasure to be on the safe side. Hadou, on the other hand, ran to her in an instant, patting her head and trying to dry her tears.

"Hey, it's ok! Look!" the blue-haired student pointed to the pot Eri had practiced with, "The plant's still there!" Aizawa came in for a closer look, and lo and behold, there was a little sprout of green in the center of the pot. This revelation calmed Eri to the point where she stopped crying, but she was still rather upset.

The next few minutes were spent with Hadou handing Eri several tissues to dry her face and calm her down. Aizawa crouched down to the horned girl's stature, "Eri, are you alright?" he asked, firstly. Eri nodded. "Do you want to continue with the training?" his next question was open. Training her quirk was important, but Aizawa knew that her feeling safe during the exercise was even more so. If she didn't feel secure during her training, learning to control her quirk would only become a burden on her mind.