It Truly is a Small World

The door from the garage leads into the laundry room. Without seeing the rest of the house I can already tell its a bachelor's pad. The floor is lined with multiple pairs of black boots, fishing poles are leaning in one corner, ball bats in the other, and the cloths hung above the washer are all black with different Harley or rebel circus designs.

As we make our way into the kitchen I'm greeted by multiple friendly faces; only two are familiar, but I'm sure I've meet some of the others on previous trips. Hey B, Justin shouts from behind me, jarring me from my train of thought; where do you want me to stash Harper's toys? And what room is she crashin in?

Making my way to the door way of the great room I see another familiar face. He's over 6'3'' with a slight baby face and a bright blue mow hawk that makes him seam 7 foot tall. Then again I'm only 5 foot nothing, so everyone is tall to me. I smile politely but before I can say hello my phone starts to ring again; ya boy I'm bout ta .... with a puzzled look I search for Justin. Dupree why are you calling me? To get your attention so I can make introductions dear he says with an odd smile and starts to toss my fishing poles in the front closet. Now Damn it Dupree I gripe at him. If you brake my new poles I'll horse whip you with the broken pieces I snap feeling the sass kreep into my voice. Woo wee I hear a familiar voice taunt me. Little bit got some sass. As I look past Justin I quickly realize why and all the pieces fall into place. Just to the left stands the man who was just singing in my hand; black ball cap, Harley shirt, rings, boots and all. I try my best to keep my jaw off the floor. The playful crooked grin on his face tells me I've failed.

I take a deep breath trying to calm my nerves. Hey B , I answer as calmly as possible. This is a beautiful home. Thank you for letting me stay. Before I can even try to say any more my Damn phone rings again. Ya boy I'm bout.... Damn it Jozie Lynn why did you do that? Just to see you blush again she says with a shit eating grin. Justin, Brantley, and Ben laugh in unison. I turn to Ben, who you laughing at Mr jolly green giant? And you! Turning back to Justin. You have some serious explaining to do Mr Dupree!

I  start towards him. Brantly steps between us with his hands up. Calm down little bit. Ya gotta give Justin a brake. He had your best interest in mind. Didn't want ya speeding anymore than ya already do he claimed with a playful grin. If he keeps this up I'll be a puddle in the Damn floor. Plus the look on your face was priceless he adds as his smile gets bigger. You tries to hide it but I'm truly surprised I didn't have to mop the wood floors.

I feel my face getting red and hear Jozie giggle. So what room we going to B? We need to get ms Harper unpacked and start setting up for tonight.

Brantley pauses with a quizzical look on his face. Ummm,well, I guess just put her in my room for now. Might change things arond depending on who shows up. If anything she can have my bed and I'll sleep in the music room. My attempt at protest was promptly cut short. Don't even try it doll. I aint havin it. No guest, at least new ones will sleep on the couch or floor.

Before I can make another attempt Jozie cuts in. Lets get you up stairs before you over heat she says mocking me. Now I've been good..... for the most part...it could've been worse. I mean I didn't scream or act a fool. Can't blame me for getting red. I would have to be blind for that not to happen. With that I quickly climb the steps behind Jozie before anymore smartass remarks can be made. Then it hit's me; I'm  headed to BGs bedroom!     :)