Chapter Twenty-Three

A week later, Yoongi was laying on his bed next to Jungkook, who was carefully running his fingers through Yoongi's hair.

"So, about that date."

"Mm-hmm?"

"What would you like to do?"

Yoongi considered this. "Can we go to the amusement park?"

Jungkook's eyebrows rose. "Really?"

Yoongi nodded. "I think it would be fun."

Jungkook smiled. "Hell yeah, it would be. I love the adrenaline from the rides."

Yoongi returned his smile. "I always used to ask Chul to take me there, but he said it was a stupid date idea."

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "If I wasn't already sure that he was an idiot, that would solidify it for me."

Yoongi chuckled. "Wow, you have a high opinion of amusement parks."

Jungkook looked at him seriously. "I'm not talking about the amusement park. I'm talking about his lack of wanting to make you happy."

Yoongi blushed. "I'm not sure I'll ever get used to this."

"Used to what?"

"The way you treat me. It's just...like I told you, being treated the way you treat me was a fantasy for so long. I never thought it would come true."

"I'll never let you feel less than the amazing that you are," Jungkook said softly. "You deserve to be happy, Yoon. I'm grateful I get to be the one to make that happen."

"Thank you for choosing me," Yoongi said quietly.

"I can't imagine choosing anyone else."

Yoongi smiled and turned his head, capturing Jungkook's lips with his own. After their kiss, he sighed contentedly. He felt so lucky. He'd survived some of the worst things a person can go through, and he came out on top in the end. He had amazing friends, a wonderful boyfriend, and a second chance at living and loving.

Life was good.