chapter sixteen | 𝙗𝙖𝙗𝙮

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : greedy - Tate McRae

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ :
greedy - Tate McRae

0:29 ───ㅇ───── 2:11

↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

Yari once again found herself in a predicament in a hotel room. She rolled around the large bed back and forth thinking about what happened with Charles last night.

She suddenly burst into a fit of giggles—the pure ridiculousness of the situation she found herself in was making her feel like her sanity was being tested, "Oh my god Universe, what are you trying to do to me?"

A knock on her door made her sprung up from her relaxed state. She adjusted her socks that got twisted around in her sleep before crawling out of bed. She slipped on her mules and walked towards the door.

She placed her hands on the white door to steady herself on her toes to check the peephole.

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘦𝘴...

Her throat suddenly felt dry after seeing him standing there, she cleared her throat, took a deep breath before unlocking the door.

"Good morning," He greeted her. The sight of her never failing to warm his heart. Her hair was up in a messy bun, loose curls cascading down her face and shoulders.

"Good morning Charles," She greeted him back while tucking a strand of hair behind her right ear, "what's up?"

He shuffled his feet in place, a warm heat in the pit of his belly.

"I wanted to apologize..." Her eyebrows dipped as she leaned against the door listening to him—he twisted the rings on his fingers, "...for my outburst last night, it was not right for me to dump my feelings all on you."

Yari took notice of the sullen expression he had, he looked so distraught with himself.

She chewed the inside of her cheek, processing his apology.

"It's okay Charles, I accept your apology," She responded to him, her soft-spoken tone instantly melting away his stress, "you have a lot on your plate, you have a beautiful girlfriend to protect, millions of fans that count on you and not to mention that it's Monza weekend which is even more pressure, it's...a lot."

"Thanks for reminding me of the weight on my shoulders," Charles laughed while shaking his head.

"Oh my god! I didn't mean to double down on you," Yari realizing her words from before came off a little harsh, "what I meant was you have incredible support and you're going to do so well!"

The look on her face made Charles laugh more, "You are a good friend Yari." He meant that, he wanted to be her friend.

Yari scrunched up her nose as she smiled, "I think you mean an embarrassing one."