chapter twenty-eight 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐 | 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : This Love (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ :
This Love (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift

1:06 ───ㅇ───── 4:10

↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

Lando was proud of what he could achieve with his car in this race, he was especially happy because he knew Yari must've been watching it happen too. It honestly fueled his good performance.

His eyes had scanned the crowds of people below him while he stood on the podium. He was trying to stay focused on the Dutch anthem as it played but was feeling more anxious as he wanted to see Yari with his own eyes. It was too long since he saw her, a picture of her wasn't enough for him.

As he received the trophy, his eyes looked over one more time but was met with disappointment when he just didn't see her. It was all he wanted at this point. Her curly hair, dimples, her sweet scent of baked cookies. He was dying to experience it first hand again.

After Lando finished all of the press and interviews, he returned to the garage to get changed and to hunt Yari down. He was determined for this mission but his bestfriend Max was in the way of his trail.

"I've got to get changed quickly, I need to go find Yari. Can you move?"

"Mate-"

"No talking Max, I'm in a rush!" Lando tried to move around him again but was still being blocked.

"But-"

"No! I can't let her run away again!" His heart was calling for her. Yelling for her.

"Lando!" Max said sternly before he took him by the shoulders and shook him, "Look."

"At what?" Lando asked annoyed shrugging Max's hands off his shoulders. He watched Max move slowly to the side to reveal the short girl standing behind him.

"Hi Lando."

Time felt like it stopped for Lando. He wanted to take a million mental photos of this moment. Frame it, scrapbook it, whatever, he wanted to look at her forever. The girl he was searching high and low for all day was right in front of his eyes.

𝘔𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘥, 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳.

"Yari..."

"How are you?" She awkwardly asked him as if he just didn't finish a physically draining race.

"Better, now that you are here," He says to her. His eyes shining eagerly at the sight of her. He wanted to hug her and kiss her. Tell her everything that she missed in the month they were apart. All that mushy stuff, yeah he wanted that.

"Okay! I'll just leave you two lovebirds to it," Max said chuckling while backing away, Lando just waved off his bestfriend before stepping closer to her, "Did you watch the race?"

"Um yeah...congrats on your P2 from the sprint and...today," She tells him while looking up from her fidgety hands to his eyes.

"Thank you..." His words almost got caught in his throat, her brown eyes could make him weak any day, "Can we actually go talk in there?" He gestures to the door to his changing room.

She nods and he opens the door for her. Yari could feel a blush coming along when she felt his hand on her lower back directing her into his room. She sat down on a chair in the all too familiar atmosphere of his changing room.

He stayed standing leaning against a wall just so he could look at....all of her, he missed her face, her presence, he wanted to jump to all the physical affections he had yearned to give her but was still curious of her departure, "Why did you leave?"

Yari swallowed hard, she was expecting him to ask her about it eventually but it still caused some sort of shock to her even with the expectation, "I wasn't doing well...emotionally."

She watched him process this information before responding back to her, "I'm sorry I didn't make things easier for you, I never intended for things to escalate to you leaving, I wish you felt safer and comfortable being around me and this environment."

"I do feel safe with you Lando but I also needed space at the time, I don't think I gave myself enough time to actually adjust to the situation of traveling and being away from home." 

His hands moved over his chin stubble and his cheeks as he took more information from her in, "And now? How do you feel now that you've been away?"

"Mmm," She leaned her head to the side shyly and Lando watched her nervously, "Better, now that I'm here with you." She had reiterated nearly the same line he had said to her but to him now. Lando could see a small smile tugging at her lips and could feel his own lips twitching upwards too.

Lando felt like the moment was right. She had to have felt it too, he thought. So he seized the opportunity.

He moved forward only a few steps before he was right in front of her. He held out his hands to her with his palms facing up. Her heart beating faster than ever, "What's going on?"

"Can I hold your hands?"

"Are you gonna hug me?"

"Yeah...and maybe something else," Lando was still cheeky as ever.

"Lando!" She squealed but with shyness and some excitement. Yari was exploding with nerves and butterflies in her stomach. She could sense a shift, the change in emotion and the direction of their relationship was occurring in this moment.

"Just take my hands Yari," He said softly, his steady hands still out for her to her to take.

And so she did, he had guided her body from the chair to be pressed tightly against his, one of his hands immediately moving to hold around her waist and the other nudging her arms to go over his shoulders. He wanted her to be more than close.

"You're doing your big smile," Yari giggled softly playing with his hair.

"I'm just so happy," He leaned his forehead against hers.

"About what?"

Lando playfully rolled his eyes, she could be so clueless sometimes with his feelings towards her.

"I'm so happy you came back to me."

They were closer than ever. Lando's eyes fluttered between her eyes and lips.

Yari could tell what he wanted now, clearly. And she kind of wanted the same thing, so she spoke a few more words to him.

"I'm happy you let me."

𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘐 𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘬𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘓𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘰 𝘕𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘴.

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

author's note: OMG OMG OMG OMG LANDO'S A FRICKIN GRAND PRIX WINNER 🏆

rip lando nowins !!! 🪦

hehehehe can y'all sense where i'm going with this as i bring this story to an end, I HOPE SO !!!

THIS LOVE IS GOOD, THIS LOVE IS BAD, THIS LOVE IS ALIVE, BACK FROM THE DEAD !!!!