FORTY-SEVEN

The next day, when Anna woke up, she found herself in Ed's arms. She said, "Ed wake up."

"Let me sleep Anna it's been so long that I have you by my side. and beside it, it's Sunday today. even you sleep for some more time." he said, pulling her more closer.

She kissed his forehead and said, "I am not sleepy anymore. I will wake up now. I am in the living room. so don't panic." saying that she got up from the bed got fresh and went down.

she went directly to the kitchen, she saw Martha and she said

"Martha, you can take a leave for today. I will handle the kitchen."

Martha said, " But mam Sir, I will be upset if I allow you in the kitchen."

"Don't worry.... you go." Anna smiled at her, and she left.

Anna planned to make cupcakes, and she made some for Tina and Emily, too. and ask Sam to deliver it to them.

After some time, Edward came in the kitchen and saw Anna.

She was cutting veggies, he went near her and took knife from her hand and kept it aside.

She said, " Ed, what are you doing?"

"Ohh really, don't you think I should ask you this question?" he said angrily.

" I am making breakfast for my husband..... and look, I have baked cupcakes for him, too." she made puppy face and said.

"I am not going to fall for your puppy face. this time sparkle....... where is Martha?"

"I gave her leave for a day." Anna said. putting arms around his neck.

"And why so?" he asked.

"Because I am going to prepare food for you...... look how thin you have become." she said.

He removed her hand from his neck and said, "Anika enough..... get out of the kitchen right now." he said that in a bit loud voice.

Anna eyes got wet, and she said sobbingly, " You are scolding me, hubby."

His heart ached when he saw her tears... he went near her, cupped her cheeks, and said, " I am sorry baby, I didn't mean to hurt you so sorry...... but you should not be stressing yourself....... I am so sorry baby please don't cry...

Looking at his worried expression, Anna started laughing and said,"caught you." and ran out of the kitchen before Ed could react.

Ed ran behind her and said

"You drama queen... wait, I will show you now."

Anna was running as if she was saving her life from a monster. but suddenly she stopped and said

"Ed no, please stop. I am tired... I am feeling dizzy. Please get me water.

Ed panicked and went near her with a glass of water. " Here, take this... baby, I have told not to stress yourself."

she took a sip and said, " Stress not at all,"saying that she emptied a glass of water over Ed's head and pushed him on the sofa and again ran off. she ran out of the house towards the garden. Ed was chasing her, she took the watering pipe and the next second Ed was drenched in water.

"You are gone now." he ran towards her and grabbed her. and started tickling. They were laughing so hard that they fell down, Ed didn't stop tickling her.

She said, " Ed enough, please stop, please... not anymore. otherwise I will complain about you to gram's."

"I don't care to do whatever you want to do. I won't leave you now." Edward was on top of her. He lost in her smiling face. he said, " I missed this smile sparkle." and pecked of her lips, and continued... "Now let's go. l don't want you to catch cold."