FORTY-EIGHT

Anika POV

War OK, then let it be war... I got irritated and said, "I love my work more."

and turned, facing my back to him.

I thought of Jules death and how it can be just an accident. I need to talk to Victor. Yes, I should talk to him. I decided to talk to him tomorrow. and I slept.

The next morning, I was cuddled by a heavy hand. Of course, it's my husband. I slapped his hand and said, "Mister, you are crossing the border."

He frowned when I said that.

I got up from the bed and went for a bath. I got ready for work. Even Ed got up, took a bath, and got ready in another room.

When we went down, Martha served us breakfast. After having it, we left for the office.

I was getting down from the car, but Ed pulled me and said, Remember your promise."

"Promise? Did I promise anything to my enemy?" I said.

"OK, then I will ask Sam to take you back," he said in a cool tone

"No, no. I remember. I will take care of me."

"Good girl, now let's go."

This is the first time we are going to the office together, and I was so happy about it.

Alex, Eric, and Lidia were surprised to see me.

Alex walked towards us and said,

"What is she doing here?"

Ed was about to reply, but I went near Alex patted his shoulders and said,

"Your happy days are over, little bastard. Let's go do some work."

Alex raised his hands Oh god, please save me from this arrogant bi.

"Mind your tongue, Alex. "We turned to see the owner of this voice, and of course it's dad.

I went to him and said, "Dad, how are you?"

"I am fine, sweetheart, and I am so happy to see you back at work," dad said.

"Thank you, dad."

And I went to my office. Alex, Eric, and Lidia followed me.

I ordered, " Eric and Lidia, please report to me everything that happened in the last ten months, and Alex, please tell me your future plans."

Wow it was the best feeling to come back to work. The day was very smooth, and as I decided to called Victor

"Hey, brother, how are you?"

"Finally, my princess remembered me," he said.

"Oh, come on, bro. You know I always miss you."

"Hummmm, I know, I know... so what made you call me today?"

"I want to know about the truth behind Jules death."

"You know I always keep my promise, princess." He said... and I remembered what he promised me back then in the hospital when I first met with an accident. he continued

"Your husband loves you so much, princess. He can't see you hurt, you know."

"Yes, bro, I know. OK, I will hang up now. Give my love to everyone at home. Bye, love you."

I knew Victor was behind it. but yes, as Ed said, she deserves it.

Later, I went home on time and was shocked to see my four besties.

"Hey guys, what a surprise." I said that and hugged them.

That's when someone hugged me from behind. I looked at him and said, "Hey enemy, you are trespassing."

"Enemy?" Micheal asked.

"Ya, she loves her work more than me." Ed said.

"No doubt in that," said Tina.

"Tins, now you are also my enemy." saying that I went to my room to get fresh.

When I came down, everyone was drinking, but Emily was having juice.

I asked, "Em, what's wrong with you? Why are you acting sober?"

"It's because we have a surprise for you." Michael said, and Emily got shy.

I widen my eyes and say, " Em seriously."

I was so happy to know that she is five weeks pregnant. I went to her and hugged Emily and Michael.

"I am so happy for you guys. When did you get to know?"

"Last week," said Michael.

"It means you all knew it already." I asked them.

They all nodded. I got upset and asked what else you guys are hiding. "Please tell me everything at once."

That's when Tina pointed towards Martin and said, "He hasn't proposed to me yet."

I looked at Martin and said, "What? Foxy, how can you be so lame?"

He said, "I was waiting for my bestie to witness this proposal." He said that and went near Tina, kneeled on his knee, and continued. "So now that she is back to us... I would like to ask you, Dr. Tina Roy, would you love to treat my injuries all your life with your love?"

He took out a small purple box, opened it, and said, "Please say yes... and treat me my whole life."

Tina got upset and asked, "Mister, do you want a doctor or a wife?"

"I want both, baby. Please don't get upset and say yes fast. My knee is hurting."

We all laughed at his confession.

I said, "Come on, Tins, you can't keep him waiting like this."

She acted as if she were thinking.

And finally, she said, "OK, fine, yes, I will treat you with my love for my whole life." He got up and slipped the ring in her finger, and they kissed. We all cheered for them, and the wedding day was fixed for next month.

I went to her and said, "Congratulations, bestie."

And I went to Martin and said, "Foxy, if you dare to hurt her, you have to face me. Remember that."

He nodded, and we hugged.

Wow, these were the greatest news. Finally,  it was dinner time. Martha served us dinner, and we all ate it. Ed and I were still having a cold war, so we didn't talk much.

Days went by, and in these 10 days, he didn't even touch me. I was really frustrated. Suddenly, I remembered the day when, in the shower, he stopped himself from kissing me.

Why he is doing that. Does he think that I am still weak and that he will hurt me?or he lost interest in me. No, no, that can't be.

I call Tina to clear up the confusion.

"Hey, Tins," I said.

"Hey Anna, why are you sounding low?" she asked

"it's Edward.."

"What did that bastard do to you?"

"That's the main problem—he didn't do anything to me since I was back."

"What... do you mean that?"

I cut her in between and said, "yes tins and I am getting frustrated. "I shouted.

Then she said, "If he is not doing anything, then you take a step. I hope you understand what I am saying."

I was so happy to hear that, I said

"Thank you so much, Tins, for opening my eyes." I ended the call. and I thought of a mind-blowing idea.

Now, Mr. Edward Miller, you just wait and watch. and I gave an evil smile.