Chapter 9 - A Discussion For the Future. (Astera Arc Finale)

After the battle yesterday I gained three more allies in Astera. Malzeno apologized for the disrespect he showed me when we were first introduced. Velkhana and I seemed to hit it off pretty fast and she become someone I can begin to show trust. I guess something like a best friend. Everything has been set up for today where I'll be meeting with the final three Elder Dragons. Today will be my final day here in the Kingdom so I decided to to take a stroll around the town square. Of course walking behind me are my guards Astrid and Raph. In my short time here I've felt that these two are the ones that I can be sure to always be by my side. I am concerned that they are following me only because of who I am and not because they see me as a friend. As we were walking the towns people were looking and bowing to me. It seems that they have heard about my fight and are now accepting me as the son of Legiana. However for now I want to know what these two think of me.

(Y/N): "Astrid, Raph. I want to know. What do you think of me?"

Astrid and Raph look at each other and then look back at me as we had stopped walking. Astrid begins first.

Astrid: "I'm afraid I don't know what you mean (Y/N)."

Raph: "Espinas what he means is how do we think of him. Like so. I think of you as a man standing on top of the mountain with his hair flowing in the wind and lightning striking behind him! It's a glorious thought of how his strength is!"

(Y/N)/Astrid: 

 Raph: "What?"

 Raph: "What?"

(Y/N):" Raph you're an idiot *laughing* That's not exactly what I meant. What I mean is what do you think of me as a person? Are you both following me because I am...Fatalis, or are you following me because you think of me as a friend?"

Astrid: "Oh...well...honestly at first yes."

I looked glum and a hurt but she continued.

Astrid: "Then as I saw how you were. You were calm and collected and a bit of a dunce at times. I ended up seeing how you were as a person instead of how the stories said you were. I truly follow you because I believe in who you are. Not what you are. To me, you are (Y/N) Elsworld but you are also Fatalis. And I know one day you will be able to say that proudly."

I smiled at her and my heart began heating up when I saw how beautiful her smile was. I swear that I saw her eyes sparkle and her having a slight blush. But my little awestruck moment was interrupted by the one and only Rathalos, Raffaelo.

Raph: "I too think the same as the Espinas. I saw your strength and I was truly amazed I knew that your strength is apart of who you are. I am proud to call you my friend."

 (Y/N): "Heh. Thank you my friends. I came to my decision."

They look at me in confusion. 

(Y/N): "I want you both to join me in the human realm. I know it will be difficult to be around devils but I promise you won't regret it. Especially when we talk to the Elder Dragons about the problem with the Phenex's."