December 19th

The drive to the hospital was exhausting for both Cody and Noah. The latter found out his family was flying in from Sault Ste. Marie and he needed to pick them up from the airport when they arrived. Noah parked his car next to Cody's and met him at the entrance. Cody walked up to the front desk, rubbing his hands together to warm them up.

"Hey, Cody Anderson here to see Krystal Anderson?"

Cody and Noah were directed to the second floor, where Krystal was staying. The sight of his mother hooked up to so many wires and machines made Cody feel uneasy. She was resting, but Cody stayed so she'd have some comfort when she woke up.

"Yikes," Noah whispered. "So, it's heart troubles?"

"Yup," Cody replied. "She has a few days left, unfortunately. I'm not taking back what I said about giving her my heart though."

"Well, I wouldn't put it past Izzy to get us an organ."

Cody turned around and saw Krystal stirring in her sleep. Her eyelids opened slowly and the first thing she saw was her son. Cody couldn't stop smiling; he took his coat off and went to hug her.

"When did you get home, Cody?" Krystal asked.

"Just last night," said Cody. "Heather took me home. Oh, I want you to meet someone, Mom. This is Noah, my boyfriend. Noah, that's Krystal, my mother."

Noah got up and shook Krystal's hand. "Pleasure to meet you, Krystal. I've heard so much about you."

"Likewise, Noah," Krystal chuckled weakly. "Cody, you said you weren't going to date for a few years after Sierra. What happened?"

"I fell, Mom. I fell hard. So, I found out Sierra goes to my school. I know. Ugh. But we haven't seen a lot of each other which is great."

"Can one of you turn the TV on, please?" asked Krystal.

Noah nodded and reached for the remote next to his chair. Right away, there was a news report about a fatality in Ottawa. Cody gasped and was on the edge of his seat. Was this about the car crash that led to Izzy's arrest?

The TV was muted and Noah couldn't figure out how to turn the volume up. Instead, they had to read the headlines that came on the screen.

"Oh, my God," Noah exclaimed. "The person that got struck by Izzy's car? They just died. And their identity was released."

Cody dropped everything and was glued to the screen. There were no closed captions, so he tried to read the news anchors' lips. Noah's phone buzzed with a text from Izzy.

'Still need a heart?'

"Goddammit, Iz," Noah groaned.

On one hand, Cody wanted to know what Izzy said to Noah. But another part of him wanted to figure out who Izzy killed. Cody gave in and waited for an answer from Noah, who stepped out to take an incoming phone call.

"Cody," Krystal exclaimed, pointing at the TV. "Look."

Quickly, Cody looked at the TV and saw a photo of Sierra. He felt his heart drop when he realized they were talking about the same story they were talking about before. Once Noah came back in, he saw the mother and son stare at the screen like aliens had invaded the country.

"Well, we know whose heart Izzy has," he said.

Cody turned around in shock. "What do you mean Izzy has Sierra's heart? I thought she was in jail."

"Someone bailed her out," said Noah. "Izzy went back to the crash site and saw an organ donor card in Sierra's wallet. Now she's gone to harvest for organs."