𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.

✧・゚:*✧・゚:*

Right now, Mia is faced with the reality that this is only going to end one way

"Why?" Daniel screams as he looms over her with a look in his eyes that she's never seen in another person. "Why would you do that?"

"Why would I?" she seethes, fed up with the nice act she's been giving. She is done being nice, and she won't go down easy. "Why would you! Why are you doing this?"

He shakes his head with a bewildered laugh, pacing back and forth. Daniel's hands gesture wildly towards nothing in particular, "You think this has been easy for me? Not being able to have you? Having to watch you from afar, spending time with people who don't give a fuck about you? Watching you parade around with those-those pathetic men? With that stupid detective like a fucking whore?"

She grits her teeth, fighting the urge to defend herself and her actions. "So, you killed people?"

"I already told you, I did it for you!" his eyes bug out of his head, the veins in his forehead pulsating with anger. The sickest part is that he believes what he's saying. He truly believes that he did nothing wrong, that he was protecting her.

She pushes herself off the floor, biting back a wince at the pain that shoots through her forearms from the fall. "No, Sam, you did it for you," Mia challenges, "You did what you did because you wanted to."

Daniel frantically shakes his head, taking a slight step back as she rises to her feet, "Shut up."

"I rejected you," she presses on with a step towards him, "You saw something you couldn't have so you decided to take it. You think that I could ever be with someone like you? That I could ever love someone like you? You're a rapist and a murderer."

"Shut up!" he shouts and in the next second, he pulls the gun from his waistband.

Breath hitching slightly at the gun pointed at her, Mia swallows her fear, "If you can't have me, no one can?" She takes another step, closing the distance between herself and the weapon before arching a brow, "Come on, Sam, at least be original."

They lock eyes, but she refuses to back down. "Do it," she dares. She doesn't stop until the cool metal is pressed against her forehead. If he is going to kill her, she is going to make him look her in the eye. The gun starts shaking in his hand, the sound of his quick breaths filling the small cabin. "Pull the trigger, Sam. Show me who you really are."

His bottom lip quivers as tears pool in his eyes, and she can see the reluctance in his stare. They both know that he's killed before, but it was different. He didn't know those women; he didn't care about them – as much as someone like him could care about anyone. She knows that when he looks at her, he doesn't feel real love. Instead, he sees his mother. He sees someone that should've protected him. Someone that he wants to save.