VIII. A Debt To Be Paid

TATIA ARRIVES AT HELAENA'S CHAMBERS.

Helaena was playing with her children, holding Maelor, "ah Tatia!" She stood up laying Maelor down, she comes over and hugs her, "how are you?"

"I'm okay..." Tatia fakes a smile.

Helaena sees right through it, "Tatia... I can tell something is amidst."

"It was just... A rough night," Tatia admits, "I'm here to keep my promise actually."

Jaehaera and Jaehaerys both look over smiling, "you here to play with us!?" They exclaim happily.

Tatia nods, "of course, I couldn't miss it for the world," she walks over to the kids who bring out their toys, and they begin to play.

For a good few hours before the Septa came to take them for some time to learn.

Then it was just Tatia and Helaena, Tatia's fear spiked thinking of what Aemond would do if he found out they were alone, "I- I should go-"

"No," Helaena grabbed her arm gently, "please stay for a little longer?"

Tatia hesitates but nods, "of course..."

THEY SIT ON THE BALCONY as Helaena and Tatia talked for a long time.

"I didn't realize that Aemond would even think of being jealous of me," Helaena mutters.

Tatia shrugs, "neither did I."

"I truly enjoy being around you, Tatia," Helaena admits taking her hand, "you know that right?"

"Of course," Tatia nods looking at their hands, "you're very special to me you know?"

Helaena smiles as she stares at her.

Tatia obliviously just smiles back.

Helaena then leans in and kisses her!

Tatia was in shock but kissed back, feeling as if this: This was the kiss she'd always wanted. Helaena touches her face as they kiss for a good minute.

Tatia finally pulls out of it, "I shouldn't-"

"It is our fate to crave what was given to another," Helaena told her, "if one possesses a thing... Another shall take it away."

Most wouldn't understand but Tatia smiles at that.

Helaena leans forward and kisses her again.

Tatia wraps her arms around her and kisses her back.

But unbenounced them...

Aemond stood in the other room looking at this in the doorway.

He was dumbfounded.

He knew... He thought... But he knew thought they'd take it this far.

He shook his head and turned leaving without a word.

TATIA RETURNS TO THEIR CHAMBERS where Aemond is sitting turned away from her.

"Aemond?" Tatia asked fearfully.

Aemond taps his finger on the chair thinking about what he saw.

"Aemond?" Tatia asked one more time.

But then he stands up, "you kissed her?"

Tatia was taken aback by this, "I... How?"

"How did I see it?" Aemond asked with a hiss, "I came to Helaena's chambers to talk to her. Saw the two of you in the act on the balcony."