Chapter 1 - WHAT?!

TW!!! SELF NEGLECT,
           INFERIORITY COMPLEX

         Harsh flourecent rays stabbed into Kaminari's golden orbs as he slumped through the hallways of the prestigious high school.

         Maybe he shouldn't have stayed up as late as he had last night.

       However, Katsuki seemed even more drained. Though he didn't necessarily say it out loud or express it in his body language.

          But after months of being around the tempered blonde, something just seemed off. He seemed more irritable than usual if that was even possible at all.

       Katsuki's shoulders seemed to slump, and his spine curved more dramatically in his thuggish walk.

        His ruby red eyes seemed to have a sort of dullness to them, and it seemed as if he hated each step he took as if each inch along the hallway floor had stabbed him in the back.

      What the hell had happened to him? And what could he do to help? Especially when he knew that the seventeen year old would rather die than take his help.

       "Oh, hey Kaminari." A deep feminine voice called gently from behind him.

       His soft, white slippers slid across the waxed floors of the hallway as he turned to face his beautiful jet black haired classmate, Yaoyurozu.

       "Hey!" He smiled. His relationship with the class vice president was somewhat iffy, as it was with most of the students in his class.

       She was kind and intelligent; a bit awkward, but that was to be expected.

       Having grown up in what was considered 'high society', she was more than a little unfamiliar with casual conversation.

         But if one looked past the few awkward silences, it became clear that her naevity was one of the many charming things about her.

       Though she'd been seeming to adjust well over the time he'd known her.

        The pauses of silence were now few and far between, and aside from the occasional reminder that not everyone could afford her favorite tea leaf blends, she fit in really well.

        She could laugh and joke with the rest of the class without much effort now. Of course, that was all from Denki's perspective of things.

        "Day dreaming again?" She asked with a soft smile.

         "Uh. Yeah, I guess so." The golden blonde chuckled, flustered from the question and rubbing the back of his head with a slightly emberassed smile.

        "I could tell. You were staring at Bakugo like he was the end of the year exam. (You're lucky he didn't notice.)" She warned teasingly.

        "Really? Crap, thanks, Yaoyurozu." Denki laughed it off, trying to keep his focus on the midnight eyed girl in front of him.

      Though his thoughts continued to drift back to the self-proclaimed future number one hero.

       "Just try to stay focused today. I saw Mr. Aizawa passing by, looking a little more apathetic than usual earlier. So we're likely in for quite a lesson." She explained with a slight worry lacing her voice.

      "I'm sure we got it in the bag, but thanks for the heads up." He grinned, sliding his foot across the floor, turning to the class.

       He was, in fact, not sure he had it in the bag at all. Of course, he was gonna kill them all with his stupid hard tests.