Chapter 3 - A Lot to Talk About

TW!!! VIOLENCE, ELEMENTS
             OF AFTER EFFECTS OF
          WAR/ NATURAL DISASTER,
          BLOOD AND ABDUCTION!

        "Deku, stop!" Katsuki called out as he ran towards the now bloodied and dust covered male.

       "Why should I? What?" Midoriya asked in a low ominous voice as he slowly turned to face the dust covered blonde. "Are you gonna try and make me, Katsuki?"

         That name echoed along the broken and collapsed remains of the building as Bakugo's crimson eyes widened at the sound of it.

         "Wh-what the hell do you think you're doing?" He stumbled out, unable to help but notice the pained groans and whimpers of the students around trapped beneath the rubble and running away from the scene, more than likely to call for help.

         "What does it look like I'm doing, Katsuki?" Izuku asked, rhetorically. The green haired male through his arms out in a presenting pose, gesturing to the destruction around them.

       That name burned in Katsuki's chest. That wasn't supposed to be what he said. That wasn't what he was supposed to call him.

             "I'm taking out the trash." Izuku smirked as he looked down at his once childhood friend.

         "So as much as I'd love more than anything to kill you right now, that's gonna be a little time consuming. And judging by the sound of the alarms, that's time I don't have right now." Izuku explained blandly, more than a bit displeased at the statement he'd just made.

       His darkened emerald green eyes moved towards the faculty members approaching in the distance.

         It was then that Katsuki realized that Deku planned to break a run for it and that was something he couldn't let happen. He wanted to move right away. He needed to charge at him.

       However, for a split second. He hesitated. His heart beat faster in his chest and seemed to ache with each thump against his rib cage.

      His breath trembled and for a moment, he was startled to realize his eyes were beginning to well with tears. He didn't want to fight him.

            But as he saw his old friend begin to move he had no choice but to charge at full speed.

        He didn't know what was going on. And he didn't have time to wonder. All he knew was that right now, he had to stop Deku from getting away.

        "So this'll have to do for now!" The freckled boy exclaimed with a wild grin as he jumped down and kicked Katsuki in the face, knocking him back and sending him flying into one of the broken pillars.

       Katsuki groaned loudly in pain as he felt a harsh impact crash against his back, knocking all of the wind out of him before he fell to the concrete ground with an grueling thud.

          His aching arms shook as the struggled to pull him up from the ground.

       His left eye swelled in pain from the kick he'd just relieved. The left side of his vision from was cloudy and red with blood.

           He could only see somewhat clearly through his slowly adjusting right eye.

        Once the blurriness cleared enough in Katsuki's vision for him to try and find Deku he shook and trembled as he rose himself up as fast as he could.