Chapter 26 : Epilogue

(Previously in 'DEATH COMES TO EVERYONE':)

Blanche Moonflower hadn't changed a lot physically...well except the size and her eyes. She was no longer a young 6'2' Wolf Faunus, now she looked about 11 feet tall and her eyes, now pupilless, looked like living yellowish fires.

But what caught everyone's attention was not her size or eyes... but the beautiful armor she was wearing.

(Imagine Athena Cloth in Saint Seiya The Lost Canvas with wing-shaped hair clips instead of the original helmet and a rapier instead of the shield and staff)

Made of gold and white, this armor gave the impression that Blanche was a Goddess descended from Heaven to mingle with common Mortals ! The people present were in awe at Blanche's new appearance but the most surprised person present was without contest the White Wolf Faunus herself !

She looked at her new body and armor with stars in her eyes before looking up at Thanatos who had a look of happiness and satisfaction on his face before he cleared his throat. Once everyone's eyes were on him, the embodiment of Death spoke in a solemn tone.

"I welcome you to your new life : Blanche... Your old life is no more... You have now received the powers of Life and Creation and they granted you the guardianship of all Living Forms on Remnant ! Respect yournewduty, protect the Balance of this world and enjoy your Immortality with pride and dignity !"

Blanche's eyes watered as she looked up at him and he gave her a warm smile in response before he found himself being hugged tightly by a crying White Wolf Faunus. Ignoring the cheers of happiness and the congratulations from the other occupants of the room, the two Immortals simply hugged one another happily.

They now knew that they would be together for all eternity... And they were fine with it.

00/(Present Time)/00

11 years...

It had been eleven years since Thanatos defeated the God of Light and the God of Darkness...

11 years since the lovely Blanche Moonflower became the embodiment of Life...

So many things happened since that day...

Thanato and Blanche decided to help in the reconstruction, much to the appreciation of many people. The former used his magic to rebuilt some of the destroyed buildings but places such as the Police Station were left behind.

Why ?

Because Blanche told him of the local policemen who were mostly racists and their treatments toward Faunuskind. The Policemen, of course, were angered by this but had cowered in fear when Thanatos started to sermon them for their actions.

Speaking of Blanche... she became a really good Deity.

At first, she had been a bit overwhelmed by her new functions (and her new powers as well) but as time passed, the gorgeous Wolf Faunus grew accustomed to it thanks to the tutelage of her lover Thanatos.

The embodiment of Death was surprised by how quickly she mastered her new gifts but didn't complain. In fact, he was proud of his 'apprentice' as barely a few months (three to be precise) later, she didn't needed his help anymore.

Now she was equal with him in therm of power and strength... and a natural in her use of Magic.

With her new statue as embodiment of Life, Blanche knew that she couldn't resided permanently among the mortals so she decided to move in with Thanatos and after saying goodbyes to their friends, they left the Mortal Plane.