𝑰. 𝒁𝑬𝑹𝑶

† † †

† † †

—MYSTIC FALLS SITS IN THE SHADE OF AN ANCIENT WILLOW TREE, its branches swaying gently in the wind. In the distance, the sound of rushing water fills the air, creating a peaceful and calming atmosphere. The light from the sun filters through the trees, casting shimmering beams of light on the ground. It's a place where people come to find peace and comfort, away from the chaos and hustle of the city. The wind whispers secrets to the falling leaves, carrying the stories of the past. And the trees seem to listen, their roots holding onto the lessons of decades gone by.

1864

MYSTIC FALLS, VIRGINIA

CHRISTOFFER SALVATORE, sat under a tree listening to the birds chirp a merrily tune a gentle breeze blew, caressing Christoffer's skin as he took in the beautiful scenery. The sun's rays danced across the hills in front of him, and the sound of the river running in the distance was both soothing and relaxing. He wrote his poetry on his notebook away from the Salvatore estate of course. He couldn't be seen writing or doing anything that brought him joy thanks to his father, he thought it was too feminine that men wrote, especially if they were writing about their feelings. He thought they should be doing manly things they should be 'tougher than nails'. Giuseppe, always had high expectations for his three sons that he felt would be shattered because of Christoffer's incapability to listen. Obviously, Chris didn't care for his fathers expectations, his love for poetry was something he would not give up.

He paused to admire the beauty of the river flowing in the distance and then looked at the notebook held in his hands. His beautiful deep sapphire eyes sparkled with inspiration and he began to write down his thoughts on the paper. His pen sweeping swiftly across the page as he quickly turned his thoughts into words. As he continued to write, he became completely immersed in his task. His mind became filled with the words he was writing down. He could see every little detail inside what he was creating and he could feel the energy flowing from his pen.

'Oh, how I wish to be free, to be myself,
To break the chains that bind my weary soul,
And cast away the masks upon my shelf,
Unveiling the truth that lies deep in the hole.'

Christoffer smiles faintly at the words, though he could never speak of such things outloud he can pour out his heart into the words on the page. He feels more than alive when he writes, as if it's the most natural thing in the world. He looks up and sees the sun slipping behind the horizon and the sky turning a deep red, it was getting late and he needed to be home soon. He quickly shuts his notebook with a sigh and stuffs it in his pocket, rising to his feet. He quickly heads back towards the Salvatore estate. As Christoffer walks back towards the estate, he hears his father's voice echoing in his head, reminding him that a guest would be arriving and that he had to give her a warm welcome.