Waltz 2

~

~

It was bright.

There was a joyful warmth as the light sun kisses her in a comforting way. Not yet as bright as such studio lights that used to bore down on her everyday, it was dawn. Peaceful, calm, and just right.

But of course, this had to end just as the more high spirited things in her life did. Pitiful.

~

The private jet began to slow down as it descended upon Japan, the land of the rising sun, unlike France, more commonly known as Fontaine, the land of love. Both romantic in their own twisted ways. Ah, but that was enough for now, the Iudex was wide awake, staring at the window but she knew that he would try to talk to her soon.

"Ah, Lady Furina, you're awake. I assume you must have some further questions about our sudden departure here, don't you?" Neuvillette posed, "I must admit, even for someone like you, this must of been too abrupt to process."

"Well of course I have questions! Dragging me here with you, how important must there so-called "affairs" be to bring both of us out here? I know people must adore me so much, but this is just so-" She had to end that with a groan, she was still tired, stressed and- and- there was just so much going on in her mind! Give her a break for once!

Neuvillette could only stare on in her small meltdown, "Lady Furina, if you must, please allow me to explain our situation. The Heroes Commission, as you know, are nationally recognised and asked for my presence here not only for my status but because of certain unknown variables that would be suited to myself only." He explained. "I must admit, I have not received much information on this matter, but I would happily tell you once I obtain it."

"To add to that, I-" Before he could further entail, an attendant came by.

"Sorry for interrupting, Monsieur Neuvillette and Lady Furina, but the private jet has indeed landed and you will be escorted out once you are ready." The attendant meekly yet calmly blurted out. Wouldn't you? In front of two of Fontaine's most powerful and influential figures? But, after doing so, the attendant scurried away.

"Ah. I suppose we must hold this conversation even more so for later. Let's leave now, and I must apologise for the delay once again." Neuvillette stated, disappointed once again. His mood and expression dampened, as so did the clouds on the sky from the interruption of their conversation.

"Sigh. Well, there's nothing else to do in this plane howbeit." It seemed the atmosphere and lack of spirit was contagious, "Let's go then."

~

When they both arrived at the exit of the Airport, just barely escaping the clutches of the paparazzi that would always follow them anywhere, (especially when both were present,) they spotted a man dressed formally whom Neuvillette seemed to recognise.

"Japan certainly is a beautiful country, a sight for sore eyes, surely." He tried to make small peptalk, but there were more important matters at hand it seemed, "Do you see that man in the black quit and shades? We'll be following him."

"Hmph! Letting us wait, don't the HPSC know how important me are?" Furina muttered, glancing up at Neuvillette.

The two walked over to the formally dressed man, "Both of you, please follow me. I will be taking you to your accommodations, where you will be staying. After that, Monsieur Neuvillette, you will be required to have a meeting with the higher ups. Including the HPSC president."

~

The place where they would be living at a high end penthouse for the rest of their stay. It was quite luxurious, and was adorned with expensive furniture and artworks. But enough was seen as Neuvillette was already preparing to leave for a meeting regarding their, or rather his mission.

"Fret not Lady Furina, I will inform you of any information I deem "important" for you to know of once I come back." Neuvillette reassured, "You can stay here in the penthouse, or head out. While I prefer the latter option, I understand you can speak fluently enough to venture out. But I will be leaving now, stay safe."

"Well, it's already boring to just being here, I'll be going out too." She replied, "and you stay safe too Neuvillette..." which was muttered under her breath, took quiet to be heard by the other.

~

The penthouse they resided in was located in Musutafu, for the convenience of Furina as she would be entering UA very soon. It was something she herself would try to ignore, but ignore all she wanted, she knew she would be nervous. It was a foreign country, and she would be going to school here. An important school, nationally recognised, how would she be able to keep up? Her quirk wasn't the best she- wouldsheforgetaboutthething?theprophecytheprophecy?imnotpreparedforitimnotreadyidontknowhowtostopit-

"CRASH" An unsettling large crash of what seemed to be metal came from nearby, and she flinched. Metal? Where was she? She must of wondered off and lost track of where she went to. That crash must of injured someone though, she would investigate. What kind of Archon would she be if she let people be hurt? (She didn't feel like one, not one bit.)

This was a... beach? It was what she assumed to be a beach anyways, it was scattered with trash everywhere. Not much, just a few piles every now and there. That was... a boy? Was he the one who caused that loud crash from earlier? There was no one else around, she should go investigate.

He looked unscathed and well but she should check anyways. The boy, from this far away anyways, had green, bushy hair. How cute.

~