2

"Hey Ted"

"Hey can I get-"Chai iced tea, I know," I muttered, turning away to the same spot that I made Paul's black coffee to get started on his drink, not even bothering to take his money, which he handed to Emma without care like she wasn't even a human. I watched him out of the corner of my eye trying hard not to spill any of his cold drink I was making, noticing how his own sharp gaze didn't leave me. "Yeah okay, get out of the way, there's a line." Emma barked giving the same energy he gave her watching Ted slink off into the corner where Paul previously sat. "What a creep." She whispered, only for me to hear. "He's not, Em," I whispered back, making eye contact with him and offering a small smile which he happily returned.
"He kept staring at you! That's like, grade A creep!" Emma continued, flinging her hands about, almost hitting Ted's finished Chai Iced Tea. "Ted" he springs up nearly jogging to me as he collects his drink giving me a wink before disappearing into the unknown like Elsa. "Seriously Ellie he gives me bad vibes" Emma says concerned "yea well you also said that about Paul" I say trying to get my point across that only a week ago she was nagging me about how Paul had a bad vibe and he would somehow ruin my life and now Emma is all over him "yea but I didn't know Paul and I know Ted" "then you would know Ted is a good person" I say praying she will give up and believe me "fine you win, it's nearly 11 we should start to pack up" "yea true I'll clean out the back" I say walking to the door that says employees only. As I start cleaning up all the makeup stains and coffee cups from Zoey there's only one thing on my mind

Ted

"Right I'm done for today see you tomorrow Em" I say with my gear in my hands "bye Ellie get home safe" I leave beanies hearing a ring on the door behind me I start walking back to my place dreading tomorrow morning. Ever since my dad died I've had so many breakdowns I'm just so lucky that my neighbours are so nice to come and help me get through it most of all Ted. When he found out the news he has helped me get through it everyone says he's a asshole and that he's using me but I don't see it whenever he's with me it's so real he acts like a teddy bear. Which is one of the reasons he's my if not best, closeted friend apart from Emma of course.

4 hours later

The walk home slowly but surely came to an end and I returned home. Only to find out that my brand new heater  had exploded and it was -50 in my apartment and if I spent another minute in there I would freeze to death. I knew Ted lived in the same building, so I texted him.

                             Ted
Ellie
            Hey Ted do you mind if I come over my heater has shit itself and I will                  physically freeze

Ted
Yea come over bring a blanket and pillow. U can sleep over

I got my silk white pillow and my flowery blanket and headed over to Ted's place  feeling nervous . I didn't know why I felt so nervous I usually love coming over to Ted's but when I stood in front of his door I realised I'm spending the night at Ted's house on purpose, usually I would come over just to hang out but fall asleep halfway though but today it's different I'm actually there to sleep.I take a deep breathe in calming my nerves and I knock on the door only for the nerves to come straight back then I look up to see Ted. It was nice to see him not in a plain black tie for once. He was wearing gray sweats "Hey Y/N, sorry about your heater that really sucks" he said as he walked me in and brought me to the couch. It was quite early so it would be weird to go to sleep  "so what do you wanna do?" He asks trying to fill the awkward silence both decided to watch  dumb and dumber. I could see out of the corner of my eye hat be kept glancing over at me. Then I realize why, I was shaking, badly like worse then I'm my house, he quickly gets up and heads over to his ac as he presses heat, the aircon slowly closes " are you fucking kidding me, my air conditioner just broke too." He said rubbing the back of her neck. "It's good." I stutter "here," he takes off his sweatshirt and hands it to you. I put it on and Ted notices that I'm blushing hard. I look away, trying to hide my face embarrassed . Suddenly, Ted puts his hand under my chin and makes me look up at him, so I look him in the eyes. "No need to hide, you look adorable when you blush." Then he gets up as if nothing happened! Internally screaming at him for leaving me this vulnerable "It's getting late, we should go to bed. I'll show you to your room." I follow him into a room I assume is his. He begins to grab a pillow and blanket from the bed. "no way, the air conditioning is broken, you will freeze to death." I say I put the silk pillow one and the blanket on the bed. "Well, then, do you mind if..." I've never seen him flustered before, it's so cute. "Can we sleep together? of course, if that's okay with you." I nod laughing at the choice of wording he used, We both climb into bed. 10 minutes pass and it's still so cold. I'm shaking faster than in the living room I probably should have stayed at home . I try not to wake Ted, but my attempts fail. He raps his arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him. I mean, he's warm, so I'm not complaining.As my shivering stops I listen to his heartbeat and steady breathing till I feel my eyes close and suddenly I fall into a deep sleep I hear a "goodnight el"

"Night Teddy"

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
1076 words