*9*

Seonghwa:

I tried to spend as much time as possible with Hongjoong. After all, I wanted him to know that I would always be there for him. I wanted him to trust me and depend on me. But that wasn't easy to accomplish. I had to bare my teeth and put all my effort into it. I felt the need to be there for him. Not only because he had helped me in the past. But because I loved him, with my whole heart. Hongjoong deserved to be loved to regain his emotions and experience real life. It hurt me deeply when I watched him suffer.

...

Hongjoong and I decided to study at my place. At some point, we agreed to take turns at whose place we were going to study. And it was my turn to host us. It wasn't much of a progress, but it was enough. Having Hongjoong willingly spend time with me was a good sign. Small, but important steps.

At home, we studied in my bedroom. We did so because my computer was there. I sat at my desk as Hongjoong made himself comfortable on my bed. I kept glancing at him, sitting on my bed. Just the thought of it made me imagine some unholy things. But I had to keep my cool. We were there to study and maybe cuddle after. Only, if Hongjoong wanted to. Anyway, I returned my attention to the project in front of me. We had to finish our work as soon as possible. As they were the last projects for the semester. Soon, we got fully absorbed into our work.

At some point, I heard a soft breathing coming from behind me. Hongjoong had fallen asleep. It was as expected, as we'd been working for a couple hours. I couldn't blame him. I myself felt a little tired. His sleeping in my bed was better for me. I could cuddle him through the night. I decided to grab the chance and turned off my PC. Then I went to him, moved away his laptop and took my place beside him. Once in my bed, I stroked his hair, placed a kiss on his forehead and cuddled him. In a couple of minutes, I was asleep beside him. But right before I drifted away, I felt Hongjoong move closer to me, snuggling his face on my chest.

Hongjoong:

I found myself at a familiar scene. The playground. Swinging alone in the middle of the grey, cold park. I was waiting. Waiting for the faceless people to come to me. Yet, instead of them came someone else. It was Seonghwa. Just as before, he got surrounded by light and colours. I could see how, with every step closer, he spread the light around us. Every step coloured the ground under his feet. As the distance shortened, I could feel the warmth radiating from him. Now, Seonghwa was in front of me. He reached out his hand towards me. I was hesitant, yet in the end, I took it. It was warm, and I was freezing. Seonghwa then pulled me into a hug. I could feel my body warming up. It was good and soft. It had been years since I felt such warmth.

After some time, Seonghwa took my hand once again and pulled me. I followed him. We walked through the park. And Seonghwa was constantly turning my way to ensure I was following him. I did. And I watched how everything around him was taking the colours he spread. It was the first time I've seen my dreams being colourful.

...

Seonghw in my dreams didn't say even work, but I didn't need it. Just watching him made me know what he wanted to say and do. We followed the path ahead of us, leading us to the Han River. There we sat on the river bank. Seonghwa leaned his head on my shoulder. We were holding hands. He gave me some of his warmth.

Seonghwa moved from his position, his hand now on my face. His sparkling eyes were looking into mine. Then Seonghwa placed a soft kiss on my forehead. His lips were so warm, a lot warmer than his hands. I stared at his lips. They formed the words 'I love you'. That was when I woke up.

I was all alone in Seonghwa's room. The clock across the room showed me the time at 11:17 pm. It wasn't even midnight. It meant that I'd been sleeping for the past three hours. And Hwa was nowhere to be seen. Maybe he slept in the living room? So I decided to check on him. Yet, he wasn't there either. The living room was empty. I looked around and saw the slight line of light peeking under the bathroom door. I decided to wait for him. So I returned to the bedroom, and collected my things. Then sat on the bed and waited for Seonghwa.