𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

Sydney Willow-Howard. The girl who had been adopted and taken in by her god mother and their family. The girl who had carved through each and every one of her family members, yearning for the comfort of a blood relative. The girl who now had to re-adjust her life for the second time. The girl who thought her life was coming to an end.

Sydney had lived with the Howard's since she was a baby. They where all she ever knew. The curiosity of finding her blood relatives always lingered in the back of her mind, but she knew there wasn't many left, and simply none that she'd ever known of. Everything she needed was right at her feet. Two sisters, a mother, a father, and a cozy lived in home, fit perfectly for their small tight-nit family. One would say she was insane to ever think of trying to reach out to the almost non existent amounts of pure relatives she had in this world. But to her, it wasn't as simple as connecting with new family. It was about connecting with her past family. The one she had lost without even getting to experience life with them, without being able to know them, without even remembering first hand interactions with them. That's because she never did. The overwhelming grief, mixed with the confusion, and lack of time spent with them floods her emotions 'till this day. It never seems to drain out of her poor clouded mind.

Having to loose your family that you didn't even know was hard. Sydney would say it would have to be one of the most challenging experiences one would have to go through. But loosing your real family a second time can send someone spiralling into the darkness of their own hollow of emptiness, becoming numb to the feeling of simply feeling. It can only take one thing for her to snap into a hysteric break down or a heated argument fuelled by raw emotions.

The only person left for Sydney is her little sister Jackie. Although she didn't seem to understand Sydney. She didn't understand her mental capacity to store the overload of emotions, she didn't understand how she reacts to these feelings, she doesn't understand how she copes with them, and she overall just didn't understand how Sydney deals with her grief. She was greatful for her little sister, and for the one person she had left within her family, but the more their life changed, the more the two drifted apart, causing new feelings and emotions to pour into Sydney's cyclone of never ending ruckus of life traumas. Jackie wasn't one for communicating how she felt, she'd only ever reply in short lived sentences or one worded answers, and it truely stumped Sydney. She had tried to get through to her but couldn't seem to break down the protective wall Jackie had held over her head. Maybe a bit of a change in scenery could fix their bond, and glue it back together, or maybe even glue Sydney back together as a whole.

The Walters had been in Sydney's life forever. Her mother was in a trio with both Katherine Walter, and Jackie's mum whilst Sydney's mother was still alive. When Katherine decided to further her studies else where and eventually move away from the other two, they'd lost contact and only spoke on the rare occasion. Before Katherine and her family moved out to their current house, Sydney had grown up with the Walter kids for a few years, until Jackie was born, which was the year they moved. They'd been her best and only friends. It was one more thing to add to her list of 'goodbyes'.

The saying that everyone deals with grief in a different way is more than true. But the 'time heals all wounds' seemed to be dimming into nothing in Sydney's eyes. It had been 18 years and it all just kept getting worse. She couldn't catch a break. Through her messy past relationship filled with mental, verbal and physical exhaustion, saying good bye not to one family, but two, moving across the country, and trying to rekindle broken bonds took a toll on one 18 year old girl, barely cut out to begin another 'new life' somewhere else.

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞
̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶      ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶
I'm so excited to see this story play out. Again I'm sorry if there's minor plot holes as this is my first story, but please feel free to give me any wanted feedback!
This one was kind of just an introduction to the Main Character of this story, to get some context on her and her past.
Let me know what you think <3

-Love Gracie.