𝟬𝟬𝟮

✰

Through the duration of the car ride to the Walters, Sydney had fallen asleep. With her head leaning on the car window, and her jacket falling over her lap, her slumber was un-disturbed the whole way there. She hadn't thought about what happened with Jackie again. She figured it must have just been a 'in the moment thing' and didn't want to read to far into it.

With a sudden shake on the shoulder, she snapped her eyes open to see Katherine at her side with the door opened.

"Sorry to wake you honey, we are home." she said in her usual sweet tone.

"No no, that's fine, i uh-" she pauses for a moment, taking in the scenery and the house itself. She realises just how different it was to what she was normally used to. The complete change of life style was going to be hard to accommodate to, but she made it her personal mission to be able to start living a better life, somewhere new. Although, she had forgotten how difficult it truely was to start your whole life again with a new family.

"You okay Syd?" Katherine asks her, interrupting her internal thoughts.

"Yeah.. yeah, i'm sorry, i'm fine."

As Katherine was about to reply, Jackie came to stand with them with suitcase placed between her hands.

"Well let's get you both inside, we'll introduce you to everybody." The older woman says to the two girls.

Sydney nods in response to this and glances over to Jackie. Jackie doesn't spare her one look, she instantly makes her way to the porch of the house, leaving Sydney standing there near Katherine. She inhaled a deep breath before following behind Jackie. As the older woman's phone rings, the two girls are struck backwards in one motion as one boy on a skate board comes flying over to them.

"Move!" The boy says to them.

Behind the corner of the house is another boy seated on a couch.

"Hi. Danny." He introduces himself to Jackie. From where he's seated, he's unable to see Sydney directly behind her.

"Jackie." She reply's back, also introducing herself.

As Katherine opens the door, Jackie begins to walk in, leaving Sydney in his view.

"No way, Oh my gosh. Sydney?" Danny gets up from his chair, walking towards the girl.

"Hey Danny! I missed you so much, it's been so long." She says as she brings him into a hug.

"Your so.. grown up. It's insane, I'm so happy your here." He replies as he lets her go.

"You to Danny, you to. I better head inside before i miss out on the house tour." She jokingly says.

"Of course. I'll see you after."

And with that, she heads inside, immediately spotting Jackie introducing herself to the boys sat on the couch inside. George is mid sentence as she approaches them.