𝟬𝟬𝟯

✰

Sydney's POV:

As Cole leaves the last box he has to bring up on my bed, i tightly tie a double knot in my bathrobe i just put on after my shower.

I ended up having to use the second bathroom due to the current chaos with the upstairs one. Several Walters arguing and bickering about 'who goes next' and 'who's on the schedule'.

I walk into my room, seeing Cole advert his gaze on me. He sits on the bed next to the box and begins to ramble on about 'how he wishes he had his own bathroom in his room'. In two steps i meet his side on the bed and carefully lift the box and move it to my shelves, I could deal with that later. I interrupt Coles intense complaining once as i turn back around to face him.

"Cole, why are you still in here?"

He patted the spot on the bed next to him, silently telling me that he wanted to actually have a real conversation with me.

"Look. Syd, i know there's a lot going on in that small brain of yours right now." He jokingly says and he pokes my forehead.

I smack his hand away gently before he continues to say;

"But i wanted to let you know that you can talk to me. I feel like we are strangers right now. I don't know anything about you besides from the small amount of details from when we where six." He pauses for a moment, trying to think of the right words to put together.

"Sydney, there's so much i have to tell you, and so many things that have happened, it's made me realise how much i missed my best-friend. I thought i'd lost you forever way back when we moved here. I finally have you here again, and i'm going to make to most of it." He finishes

I stand there in slight shock of his sudden burst of open emotions. It was the last thing I expected from him. He just wasn't the type of person to open up to people so easily. I remember from when we where kids how he used to shut down and block everyone out when he was feeling emotional or angry. Before being able to put words together i stutters over myself, trying to say the right thing in response.

"Cole, I- uhm. Why are you telling me this now? I appreciate it but there's been so many times over the phone when we could've talked about this and maybe had some sort of connection through the distance. But every time I tried, you always had an excuse." I paused before continuing, keeping my eyes down towards my feet.

"I needed you Cole."

Cole's POV
I stared intensely at the side of her face, studying her hurt expression written all over her face. I knew i could've made more of an effort, maybe try and save that last bit of friendship there was. But I was so completely consumed with my own life, my football career, and my own emotions that a never looked at it through someone else's perspective. I wasn't there for her in her darkest times and it eats me from the inside out to know I was adding to her raging storm of emotions inside of her head.

I hesitantly lift my hand and place it on her shoulder, causing her to flick her gaze directly into my eyes. I try to open my mouth to begin to explain myself, but quickly close it again when being stumped for words. She looks at me with her big brown doe eyes, slowly forming tears to my silence anticipating within the room. I shake my head before saying,

"I know Sydney. And I'm truely sorry. I was so consumed by my own life in this new place that I forgot about everyone else around me. But I'm here now. I will stick to my promises when I say I promise you, I'll be right here for you from now on."

She blinks rapidly, trying to not cry, and rid the tears that swelled in her eyes. I quickly reach my hand out and wipe away the stray tear that had fled from its base, looking intently into her eyes. She doesn't respond to me wi5 her words. Instead she just nods her head, lets out a small shaky sigh, cranes her neck down, and avoids eye contact again.

After seeing her response I pull her into a tight embrace, her head on my chest as she lets out a soft sob. Freeing the emotions that where built up in her delicate heart, rubbing soothingly on her back to try and calm her down. She seemed so fragile in my arms, like I was holding a paper thin piece of glass that could be shattered into a million pieces with one wrong move. I know I wouldn't get this moment back. Especially when I hear a knock on the door, interrupting the pure emotional driven moment we where having at the time.

Sydney quickly pulls away from me, wiping there tears under her eyes, and regaining her previous cheerful posture. She acted as if she hadn't just broke down in my arms and was completely fine. It was like she clicked into a different personality to conceal how she really felt. And I felt like and absolute dick watching her cover up her emotions so she didn't seem so broken to other people.

I felt like a dick because I was partially part of the reason she was like this, and part of the reason she had to compose herself as something shes not.

My hand remained on the small of her back as she reached for my forearm and slightly squeezed it as a silent 'Thank you' for showing I could be there for her. She adverted her gaze to the door and shot up from her spot on the bed when another knock was heard on the door, followed by my mum asking if she could come in. Sydney opened the door for her, revealing her room full of boxes and unpacked clothes laying all around the floor and shelves. My mom was quick to spot me, and motioning for me to get out so she could talk with Sydney for a little. I took the hint and got up to leave the room. I looked over at Sydney and sent her a small smile.

"I'll be downstairs if you need me." I say to her as I leave closing the door.

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞
̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶      ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶

I'm back my loves!

Bit of a shorter chapter with a little Cole and Sydney moment. Working on the next few chapters for you all so they'll be out soon <3

Also the GIF wasn't working for some reason so there's just a photo for this chapter
Thankyou for your patience with this story xx

-Love Gracie.