Y/n of the Dead

Who would have thought... That just a few months ago, things were normal. I had just gotten off a plane to visit my folks, and then my bother next. I met a lot of people on the way there, but now...

I don't even know if they're still alive.

.
..
...

Y/n hums as she exits the airport, her sack of a bag slung over her shoulder as she heads for a car she rented earlier before the plane landed,"Wonder how Akira is doing. I should probably hit up his place first before heading to mom and dad." she mumbles as she types the location of her brother's address on her phone before climbing into her car.

She then pulls out and drives off in the direction her phone was navigating her to. The silence and soft humming of the radio is interrupted by the ringing of her cellphone. Without missing a beat, y/n clicks on the answer button as she keeps her eyes on the road.

"Y/n here, who is this, cause I'm currently driving here." she answers jokingly and is met with a soft chuckle,"My, whatever you say Miss Sargeant." the voice of Shou answers her and y/n grins with joy,"Shou! Hey, how's it going? I just landed in town today." she says optimistically.

"I figured as much. I mean, you did tell me last week you're coming home to visit your family. Anyway, you're heading to your brother's place, right? After you're done, why don't you drop on by the host club?" Shou offers as y/n takes a turn,"Sounds like a plan. But I might be a while, my brother is in a mess apparently. Something about his crush being a sidechick and his job draining his very soul." she informs him as she stops in traffic, clicking her tongue lightly when she saw the mess she's in.

"I see... Wow, I actually feel sorry for your brother. Why doesn't he quit already?" Shou asks as he checks up on the guests being served, happy to see them all satisfied with their services.

"I tried to convince him, but he's so stubborn! I'm about to slap his face if he doesn't quit today." y/n grumbles as her fingers tap the steering wheel harshly, but hums in confusion when she saw people start climbing out of their cars followed by various pillars of smoke rising into the air,"What the...?" she squints her eyes before sitting up straight when people start to run in her direction.

".../n... Y/n!" Shou's voice snaps y/n out of her stupor as she yelps,"Are you okay? I've been calling out to you for two minutes." Shou says as y/n reaches for her bag next to her,"I'm not sure. Hey Shou, I'm gonna have to call you back. Something just came up." she says before pressing the red button, not waiting to hear Shou's next words as she grabs her pistol and gets out of her car with her bag in hand.

"Hey, you! What's going on?!" she asks a random citizen, who looks at her with wide, horrified eyes,"Don't you know!? There's zombies! Zombies are-" suddenly the person is tackled to the ground by another person, but what follows next horrifies y/n.

There was screaming and the tearing of flesh as blood sprays like a fountain onto the pavement and sides of cars around them. Y/n immediately knew what the person meant by his words.

She thought he was going crazy, but now she knows he's not. Cause in front of her is an actual zombie,"Oh gosh..." y/n whispers as she looks to where the people had fled from and curses under her breath when she immediately spots a swarm of zombies running her way,"Shit!" she books it after the rest of the crowd, quickly splitting off into an alleyway and up a fire escape ladder.

"Gwah!" a hand suddenly shoots out of a window as it swipes at y/n,"Crap!" the woman kicks the hand and zombie back inside before continuing to climb up to the roof. Once there, y/n quickly scopes the area, but gasps once she saw the state the city was in.

Ginormous pillars of smoke rising into the air as distant booms and screams sound in the distance and around her,"Akira. I gotta get to him, fast." y/n tells herself as she surveys the area below her,"Jumping from roof to roof isn't gonna cut it. It'll take too long, but being down there is super risky now. I need something to get by." she tells herself.