Under the Stars

Jeongin POV

I heard screaming- loud desperate wails that brought me out of the blackness in my brain. My head hurt and I remembered being headbutting, then falling. My eyes focused- taking in the scene before me and I wish in that moment I had stayed unconscious.

Minho was kneeling, sobbing, screaming for Jisung, his eyes on the body before him, curled into a limp fetal position, one hand clutching their chest. It took me longer than normal, but I blinked and looked again- not understanding why he was screaming for Jisung when, in fact, Ji was running up behind him, folding his arms around Minho, murmuring soft words in his ear.

Minho still hadn't realized Jisung was okay, but the tears fell from my eyes now as I questioned quietly. "Minnie?" my voice was small, scared and Chan's arms were around me, rocking me against him as I wailed for my closest friend- reaching out to him.

The big guy was still pointing his gun at Minho, but his eyes were darting- looking for a command that never came. He wasn't sure if he should fire again, having hit the wrong target.

"Fucking shoot him!" Woojin wailed- his voice strangled tears flowing freely, bleeding from his neck in quantities that didn't seem healthy.

"Channie, Channie..." I cried, not able to say what I wanted- terrified of what I was witnessing.

"Shh." He smoothed, his tears falling on my skin as he silently cried with me.

"Just fucking kill me!" Minho wailed, still fully lost in the fear that Jiisung had been hit. "I won't live without him." He sobbed, forlorn.

The big fool aimed, and cocked the gun, Minho's eyes looking defeated and ready for the shot.

The gun went off for the second time and damn it was loud. I jumped but Minho was pushed to the ground by Jisung this time, who covered Minho with his body. It all happened incredibly fast, but I knew, in my heart they were both okay. The couple I admired most was unharmed, but what about the bullet?

Chan's breath caught and I looked up at him, seeing where his eyes went. I followed his gaze and watched the crimson blood blooming from the chest of Woojin- who grasped at the wound as though he could stop it. Felix was standing- just a step away, his eyes wide with shock as he watched him fall, making a strange gurgling sound in his throat.

I heard the sound of the gun clattering to the floor and my eyes in direction of the sound, finding Hyunjin standing, his riding crop aloft after hitting the gunman's wrist- causing him to release the weapon. The big man clutched at his hand and Bin closed on him, the only one of us even close to his massive size.

"If you back the fuck up, I'll let you keep the hand." He growled and it was so unlike Changbin I felt a chill up my spine. The man looked over the room- his boss bleeding out, his cohorts both unconscious and broken. He backed up a step, his eyes never leaving the smaller, but not smaller, Bin. Hyunjin stood next to Bin, lightly tapping the riding crop against his other hand, an added warning. Felix joined them and arched an eyebrow. The three of them enough of a threat to make his back up until he was trapped against the wall.

My eyes went back to Seungmin on the floor, and I was breaking free of Chan- the desire to touch my brother a need, not a want. I crawled forward, and my fingers touched his cheek- finding his skin warm, the wetness of tears he had cried still tacky against my fingers. It was like he was sleeping. I knew I shouldn't have, but I gripped his shoulders, rolling him onto his back so I see- as much as it would hurt, I had to see with my own eyes.