prologue

•°•°• Thomas's notes •°•°•

I'm dyslexic so whelp

I made the cover btw. I'm really proud of it

y/n pov

It was an afternoon like any other at Hyrule Castle the maides were running around doing erens, the cooks prepping tonights dinner, the king strategizing in his study and some birds chirped tiredly from the trees scattered around.

In the library, one of the two librarians were wheeling a mildly squeaky trolley stacked with new books waiting to be sorted into the many bookshelves decorating the walls. While I was sitting at one of the old oak wood desks, with small chipps in and ink stains, being distracted from writing about the army inlistings from the Sheika tribe. The distaction was much wanted since I no longer wanted to think about anything from the stress of my busy scadual and constant pondering on war plans, yet even though I wanted a break that needed to be finished.

At some point later, the king had left his study giving me a nod of acnoligment and leaving to his chambers elsewhere. At this point i was going to leave the library having done my work, but before i left even my desk the princess wondered into the library most likely in search of some history book to fill her curious mind with and noticed me sitting there. As she was walking over i took a glance towords her and spoke in a respectful manner "what is it you require princess?"
"Not much, however i heard from my father that i should soon be getting a knight to accompany me. I was wondering if that was correct and whom it shall be?"
although her voice was free from negativity her facial expressions gave away her discomfort with the kings wishes.
"Well that is correct but as of right now, me and your father haven't decided on who so i cant give much insight on the subject. What you should know though is that after the battle that will be taking place in two days you most definitely will have one, at least within that week anyway." I could see the disappointment on her face from the reality of the situation. "Princess please dont worry. Its in my best interest to chose someone that won't be a bother." Zelda then smiled with a bit less sadness then before.
"It's fine Earl Marshal there's no need to fuss over it. Its not a suiter so I should be fine." Zelda gives me one last smile and goes back to traversing the bookshelves for good literature.