chapter 1

Y/n

The king sat at the far left side of the hall (from the hallway) and Princess Zelda to his right and Impa across from her and I sat next to Impa. I was sitting rather calmly enjoying the food and the atmosphere around me as well as the someones occasional hearty laugh.

Times such as these often reminded me of training when was younger (you are one year older then link btw), around the age of 13 so five years ago now I would be in the scouts food hall joking with the trainees about something stupid right about now. Or when I was 11 boasting to my Father how good of a fighter I was to. Only then be beaten in every training exercise by him.

A nostalgic feeling brewed in my gut.

"Earl Marshall L/n." The king said to grasp my attention.
"Oh yes sorry what is it?"
" A bit lost in though then. No matter. As I said do are you sertain monster forces will attack in a few days? "
" the intell we received from the outpost near Bridge Hylia. Said that groups of bokoblins have been setting camp in central Hyrule and that more will storm in hords in a few days. There may also be moblins but we are unsure as of now."
"I see. I suppose I should plan a speech for the knights soon."
" there shouldn't be too much of a need but it would be good for morale since as of late I've noticed a lot of soldiers having less comradery from the frequent monster sightings. "
"I see suppose that is expected with the rumours regarding the calamity" I noticed the king stare quickly at Zelda , she noticed too from the biting of the lip signifying her attempt at fighting a frustrated expression.
"You shouldn't worry too much theres still a long time." As I said this I looked over the Zelda trying to direct this to her inadvertently, which she understood and smiled lightly.

At this point I had finished my food and so had most others meaning the cooks could collect in the dishes. As everyone was leaving the king came up to me.
"Tomorrow morning I would like to see you in the sanctum its where we, Impa and a few captains will be having a meeting."
"of course your Im guessing this is about the battle. "
"Yes it is. Before I say more id like to rest. ill see you in the morrow." I nod my head respectfully and he walks off to his chambers.

I arrived at the room I have at the castle. Its rather small but still bigger then what I had growing up. Over the 2 years I had been the Earl Marshall of the Hyrulian army and had the room it filled with little clutters like the little paintings of all the regions, a large slightly aged map on the wall and a small book sized portrait of my father and mother. Sighing I changed and climbed into my wooden single bed adorned with luxurious sheets that the maids put on and didn't match anything other then the eloquently shaped window.

Dream

I was walking across whistling hill looking over the plains of central Hyrule. The breeze dancing with the swaying grass and twirling field flowers as if in a slowed down ball. The sun gleamed caressing my skin in its glow and warming my face. The sky was clear, other then a few stray clouds that were small and white in colour with a cotton body.

I was now at the top of the hill and could see the patches of treetops and little villages decorating the greenery around the centre peace which is the castle.
I lie down on the hill feeling disoriented from the height and view and just look up to the sky. "Hylia why did you have to make the world so beautifully if I barely get to see it."

A small knock on my door wakes me up.
"Earl Marshall its time for you to get up." Its the soft voice of the maid that insists on getting me up everyday. I open my eyes and groan slightly, stretching.
"Im up Apple"
"The king asked me to tell you to be in the sanctum as soon as you ar ready for the day." She said through the door in a loud voice that sounds odd compared to her usual shy one.
"Thanks Apple."
"Your welcome Earl Marshall L/N." I hear her footsteps hurry off to get back to her duties and I decide to haul myself out of bed and get ready.

Between the guard's chambers and the second gatehouse is a waterfall and by that a small bath house that uses it. After getting dressed I make a quick trip there for a wash. The water was clear and steamy from the hot coals that warm it (you pour in hit water). They had diverted a small part of the river into a stream running through the room so that people could use the water to heat it up. After having a bath, drying myself off and getting dressed I make my way to the sanctum.

Once I get there im greeted with the king and Impa. "I assume the others have yet to arrive." I say wondering where the captains are.
"You would be correct the captains have not quite arrived. " Impa responded quickly, nodding.
"I see you are late as well." The king raises an eyebrow at his words.
"I apologise your majesty It took longer to get ready then anticipated."
"Its fine. Since the Captains have not arrived yet either I cannot be angry. " he sighs. "I suppose we will just have to wait"