The Competition Begins

Rosetta POV

You know it feels weird having cameras around you again. I haven't acted in some years but seeing them again makes my skin crawl.

I don't want men saying nothing about my body but if it's only to be here with my friends...so be it. We finally arrived and there was one cameraman following us like it was his last resort.

Me, my mom, and siblings walked into the studio just to get greeted by Abby. "Morning!" She said happily. "Hello Miss Abby." My older sister said with a smile. "Hi!" I said as everyone else just waved to her.

We walked into the den where everyone else was at. "All right, girls, it's the first day of rehearsal for the new competition season." Miss Abby said as I saw my older sister roll her eyes.

"Ladies, you all know why you're here. You are the cream of the crop in your age group, and I have lots of new ideas in store. I am going to do something that no other studio in the country does. Every single competition we are doing a new routine." Abby said as we all looked to our mothers.

"Uh-huh girls, don't look at your mother's I am the coach, I am the teacher. I can make or break you." Miss Abby looked at all of us. "Everybody wants to be front and center. I hear it all the time. Whoever is in the front and center, they can't make a mistake. They are holding that group together." Miss Abby started.

"On top we have two people Maddie and Rosetta. I have Maddie because she is dedicated and because of her stellar record last year. I have Rosetta because she won with a perfect score in her division for the duet." Abby said as I smiled.

"Rosetta you are going to be front and center can you handle the pressure?" Abby asked some as I nodded with a smile. (I know this is not exactly what she said but I wanna change stuff up.)

Maddie Rosetta
Chloe Brooke Nâdiya
Paige Nia Mackenzie Perla

"Our first competition is going to be a Phoenix, and the next competition we are going to win. Then the next and that's all gearing up for Nationals." Abby said as we all nodded.

I won nationals once before Maddie started winning more and I keep getting compared to her. Which it hurts my feelings.

"We are going to do a high energy jazz routine with Nâdiya, Maddie, Chloe, Nia, Brooke, and Paige. And a trio with Maddie, Chloe, and Paige. A solo goes to Rosetta." Abby said.

"Unfortunately, MacKenzie, Perla you both are too young to compete at West Coast Dance Explosion, but you're both still going to go with us anyway." Abby said as we then got started.

| REHEARSAL GROUP|

"Girls, what are you doing!? Those legs are about as straight as Elton John. Watch that right elbow!" Miss Abby screamed at us.

| WITH THE MOMS |

Orabella POV

"Oh my God, it's like we never left." Christi said rolling her eyes as I just smiled. "I'm not a big fan of this bre pyramid thing because to me, that's more of a Bermuda Triangle then a pyramid." Christi says as we all laughed.

"It's very Divisive. Someone's at the top and someone's at the bottom no teacher does that in a classroom." Queen Holly states out as I agreed with her.

"Are we surprised who is at the top?" Kelly asked everyone as I scoff. "No I would have been shocked
if someone else had been there." Holly says as everyone but me and Melissa agreed.

"Quick question why did you have to ask they question Kelly?" Orabella asked. "I just wanted to know." Kelly said getting defensive. "My daughters only got on top of the pyramid once and that was last time we was here." Orabella states as Holly did agree.