Cheerleader Blues

Rosetta POV

I wasn't ready to go back to the studio even tho me and my older sister won plus one of my best friends Paige. Today is also Perla's birthday which I hope would be a good day at least.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"Let's go girls, move it!" Abby yelled in the den. We all went into the den but Abby's eyes went to Vivi-Anne. "Vivi-Anne, where are your dance clothes?" Abby asked. "In the car." Vivi answered.

"You need to be dressed when you walk in this building, yes?" Vivi nodded. "I would like to recap what happened last week. Now something went down that maybe you don't know about." Abby said as I was confused.

She turns to Nia and points at her. "Your mom was upset about the costume." Abby then turns to Chloe. "And your mom was upset about the costume before you went on stage." Abby said to both.

Abby then looks at my mom. "I pulled both of your daughters out of the dance and maybe that's why we lost." Abby said as Melissa rolled her eyes. "Not true." Kelly whispered under her breath.

"That cannot happen again. Now, let's talk about the competition this weekend. We are going to New Jersey, and we're going to do an acrobatic routine." Abby states.

"Overall, I evaluated your performances as you can see it's different. Nâdiya, Paige, and Rosetta are on top. Not only they won but Nâdiya won against Chloe and Maddie." Abby said as I saw my older sister smile for once.

"Now Brooke, I expect you to help the younger dancers with this acro routine. I expect you to know the choreography first and be able to help everyone else." Abby said.

"Nia, Paige you would be doing the tumbling and Acro part. Vivi-Anne, because you're new here and you don't know all of our terminology. I'm coming to work privately with you this week, so you are going to be doing a solo at the competition this weekend." Abby announces and Cathy looks shocked.

"Rosetta, since you and Paige won with your duet you will be going up against Nâdiya." Abby said as I looked shocked and unhappy. I didn't want to go against my sister.

"Nâdiya, your solo is called 'Surrender' and Rosetta yours is called 'Scarlett'." Me and my sister both nodded not only we had to go against each other but we have to learn the group dance.

"Alright girls let's go. Get up and get ready to rehears. Moms, thank you very much Vivi, don't forget you need to be in dance clothes every time you walk in this room." Abby reminded her again.

| Group rehearsal |

We are learning the group dance and I like it. Acro is really my style of dance I just hope my solo is Arco at least.

"1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8" Miss Abby started. "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8"

We are doing it from the top until Brooke mom starts yelling at Abby about her not being at the top.

| Solo rehearsal |

"Okay Rosetta, your solo is a contemporary solo called 'Scarlett'. It's really beautiful and would want people love you more." Abby said to me as I nod with a smile.

I was learning the solo and it was good.

"Don't bend your leg with you do that leg stretch!" Miss Abby yelled at me.

Four days til competition (group rehearsal)

"Are you ready to go against Nâdiya?" Perla asked me. "Yes. I mean I don't know if I would win since my sister probably have a more mature dance." I said as I warm up.

After the warm up we started rehearsing.

"Brooke stop looking at your mother! I am the coach!" Abby yelled at Brooke. "Let's go girls! You came here to dance or to play?" Abby yelled.