pretty boy | chapter 22

alexa, play pretty boy by the neighbourhood
• other featured songs:
- she needs him by her's
- i could die for you by the red hot chili peppers
• trigger warnings - brief mentions of SA
• i am giving ya'll a LITTLE break on the major angst but its not over. keep your seatbelts on.
vote, comment, and as always enjoy <3

—————————

Sunday morning.

Sore thighs carried your weighted legs to the kitchen, another extended yawn escaping your arid throat as you wearily trudged towards the cupboards, on the hunt for a cup of tea to soothe your thirst and exhaustion.

It felt far too early to be awake, but your center of focus in your busy mind was on one thing and one thing only, and it made you unable to close your eyes and sleep any more than the five hours you had already gotten.

Jean, however, could've been mistaken for dead if it weren't for his heavy breathing and the immense body heat that was radiating off of him, practically suffocating you as you laid in his arms.  So, you decided to pry your baked body from his bear grip and get the day started- considering it was already noon.

A mind so clouded and filled with haze that your body moved on autopilot as you filled your electric kettle with water. The same feeling you'd get when your favorite song played whilst you were driving, and suddenly you'd forgotten the last 4 minutes of the car ride.

Jean.

It was quite obvious but now more than ever he filled every crevice and curve of your intellect.

You stared at the water as it heat up to a simmer, daydreaming about last night and just how passionate it had truly felt. His touch so gentle, the way he held you so warm, the way he kissed you so tender, the way he spoke to you so fondly, every single minor detail down to the pattern of his breathing as he took your entire being with his consumed your every thought.

It felt almost too good to be true.

But I guess when you have absolutely nothing go right for the last few months of your already overwhelming and rugged life, it makes it hard to believe the positive will actually remain positive. Especially since you already thought it would once, only for it to end in a screaming match and regrettable choices.

You loved him more than you loved your own self, which could be incredibly dangerous if not dealt with correctly.

It was also time to take down the buried insecurities you had felt towards Kendra. Despite knowing you held more value in his heart and knowing your morals and persona were already far more inviting than hers, she was still pretty.

And being a woman in today's existence made it seem as if looks was all the more men valued you for. But Jean wouldn't do that. He didn't do that.

So why did you still want to stare at all of her social media pages for longing hours and think about the most gut-wrenching scenarios that the two held together? Why did it even matter? Why did she consume so much of your mi-

Knocked from your thoughts as the kettle chimed, signaling the water was boiling and ready to be poured into your awaited mug holding the two tea bags.

Still zoned out, you poured the water into the cup, watching it hue from its clear form to the color of the tea as it soaked in. You contemplated flicking on the stove and throwing some breakfast together before Jean woke up, but your main want was to go back into your bedroom and curl back up next to your live heater and drink your tea in comfort whilst aimlessly staring at your phone.